Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a few questions in regards to csm HQ options for an upcoming apoc game I have been asked to participate in.

The first has to do with Abaddon. I am looking to see if he can take a Disc of Tzeentch.

Under his profile (pg 57 - CSM Codex) it states:

He also has all four marks
Then Under the Daemonic Steeds listing (pg 67 - CSM Codex) it states:

Only infantry models may choose a daemonic steed
which he is.
A model may only take a daemonic steed if it also has the mark of the appropriate god.
Which he also does

I also went through other characters to see if it said something along the lines of 'May choose a daemonic steed' but none do.

My second question is in regards to Daemon Princes and their upgrades. I am taking a DP for each god and have literally kitted them out (I had 2k points for 5 HQ slots). I just want to know if what I have done is legal. I don't see anything saying its not but perhaps one of you know something that I am missing.

Here are the 4 DP loadouts:

Daemon Prince x1
MoK
Wings
PWR Armor
Ichor Blood
Combat Familiar
Gift of Mutation
Aura of Dark Glory
Murder Sword

Daemon Prince x1
MoN
Wings
PWR Armor
Mastery lvl 3
Ichor Blood
Spell Familiar
Gift of Mutation
Aura of Dark Glory
Dimensional Key

Daemon Prince x1
MoT
Wings
PWR Armor
Mastery lvl 3
Ichor Blood
Spell Familiar
Gift of Mutation
Aura of Dark Glory
Scrolls of Magnus

Daemon Prince x1
MoS
Wings
PWR Armor
Mastery lvl 3
Ichor Blood
Spell Familiar
Gift of Mutation
Aura of Dark Glory
Black Mace

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated!

Chaosftw

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
if i remember correctly you can not upgrade or add things on to special characters, so this means they only get to use a steed of the correct god if it already in there profile.

also the reason it dosent say may take a demonic steed is because there under the chaos reward section, so in order to take one it must say can choose items from the chaos rewards

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also the reason it dosent say may take a demonic steed is because there under the chaos reward section, so in order to take one it must say can choose items from the chaos rewards
I was wondering about that. But the steeds have their own boxed of section so I was not sure it they were on their own entirely.

But if that's the case then it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I was wondering about that. But the steeds have their own boxed of section so I was not sure it they were on their own entirely.

But if that's the case then it makes sense.
well there listed under the chaos rewards in the wargear section, before the army lists,

also under the warsmith it kind of shows there in the rewards and says sumit like he can take chaos rewards( except demonic steeds) or sumit like that not got a dex with me at mo

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Almost all named characters do not have access to upgrades. They are as they are listed. The exceptions I know of are Vect from Dark Eldar(can take a transport), most of the named HQs in Necrons(can take a Command Barge) and Farsight of the Tau can buy a retinue of Crisis Suits. But even these choices do not let you alter their actual wargear. I'd love to give some of the named characters in my codexes some of the more arcane wargear but they clearly don't have the option to.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Calgar can take termie armor. but he is the only one I know that actually takes a different "upgrade" like package.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Of course, these are all exceptions. Most named characters have no optional wargear. But those that do have it clearly stated.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Unless specified no Named Character can be upgraded
In his unit entry Abaddon doesn't have any "Option" box.

The princes are fine, only thing I can say is that you take Aura of dark glory wich is useless since they, beiung Daemons, already have the 5++ as per USR "Daemon"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts