Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am venturing into the world of Chaos. I want to make some lists first before I go out to buy models:

First list: Nurgle Themed

Chaos Lord w/ Biker, MoN, PF, Blight Grenades, Sigil of Corruption

Plague Marines: x7, Plasma Gun x2, Rhino, Melta Bombs (champ), Power Fist (Champ)
Plague Marines: x7, Plasma Gun x2, Rhino, Melta Bombs (champ), Power Fist (Champ)

Terminators: x5, MoN, Combi-Plas x4, Reaper Autocannon, Power Fist (Champ)

Chaos Bikers: x5, MoN, Meltagun x2, Melta Bomb (Champ), Power Weapon (Champ)

Heldrake: Baleflamer

Obliterators: x3, MoN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second: Slannesh Themed

Sorceror: Terminator Armor, MoS, Mastery Level 2, Combi-Plas

Noise Marines: x10, Blastmaster x2
Noise Marines: x10, Blastmaster x2
Noise Marines: x10, CCW, Doom Siren, Melta Bombs

Terminators: x5, MoS, Comi-Plas x3, Reaper Autocannon, Pair of Lightning Claws (Champ)

Heldrake

Havoks: x5, Autocannons
Havoks: x5, Autocannons

Thoughts so far?

·
Registered
430 Posts
First list is awesome. I have a mate who runs a similar one and it does ok for him.

I would take combi-melta on the termies and give the champ a lightning claw rather than a powerfist as he is the one ur gonna want striking at I4.

The second list is illegal as u have to have a LORD with MOS to make noise marines troops not a sorcerer. but otherwise its nice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A necron...in chaos territory?
I suppose the first thing is what do you really want to get out of chaos? The two lists you have seem very balanced which is always a great start.

I agree with the others that the first list seems stronger and more well rounded. Simple to field, simple to use and quite effective.

The second list, as pointed out by Duskan needs a lord to make it work. I feel your two 10 man blast master units would be better split up into 4 5 man teams, each one with a blast master. This gives you a greater flexibility with your lovely blastmasters while forcing your opponent to focus on 4 small units rather than 2 big ones. The close combat unit is a little out there as it has no safe way to get up the board to do what it's designed to do. I'd either suggest going for a lord on a steed and outflank them, or find some points for a rhino. Sure you can't assault the turn you appear/get out, but that's better than losing men as you saunter up the board. Noise marines are still just marines at the end of the day, not everyone makes it up the board footslogging.
Your havocs seem perfectly fine to me and heldrakes practically write themselves into lists. But concerned that you lack any decent anti-tank. Sure Str 7 is good but a hint of melta somewhere might help.

Look forward to your endeavors into the depths of chaos my friend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts