Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I thought it would be nice if I posted an older project (it finished early this summer) so that you could tell me you opinions. You see, IMO getting a lot of people's opinion, makes my future work better.
The project I am posting, was a commision, quickly made/delivered for a hobby store that was in need of a new table for a tournament. If I remember well, I only got 1 and a half weeks to do this. Lots of nights sculpting the stoneworks.. LoL!! then.. let's see!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Looks really good! The stonework is done very well. Compared to other tables I've used it looks a bit cluttered, especially for fantasy, but that could be just the tables I've used have been sparse and crap. Good job :)

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
Very skilfully done.

... it looks a bit cluttered, especially for fantasy....
With the introduction of a minimum of 5-10 scenery items, some of which are comprised of several pieces of scenery (hamlets for instance), FB tables are quite crowded if you use the scenery generator.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
With the introduction of a minimum of 5-10 scenery items, some of which are comprised of several pieces of scenery (hamlets for instance), FB tables are quite crowded if you use the scenery generator.
I haven't played since the new edition so that should explain it hehehe. The pictures above show a decent amount though. like an old town or something. well done

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Nice work, how exactly did you get the stone/masonary details effect? I would like to do similar when I make our fantasy board

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work, how exactly did you get the stone/masonary details effect? I would like to do similar when I make our fantasy board

hi there. Thank you for your comment. I sculpt (if this is the right word) the foamcore with a modeling knife, then I widen the slots with a pen or something and at last, I use a small tube to make the 3d effect, by pressing in some points so that you get some stones out and some stones in..

another way to do all that, is prepare some rubber molds to cast clay. But I prefer the unique walls than the premade ones..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts