Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a brand new Ork army months ago and is still not much but I decided to magnetise my first 20 boys and a couple of other miniatures so I can change weapons. However from playing games with them I have a problem of deployment and spending so much time sticking on the magnetic arms of shootas and choppas on the Ork boyz torsos one by one! is their a easier and quicker way to do this spontaneity?

Please help!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well, i've never seen someone willing to spend so much cash and time in magnetizing 20+ ork boyz... you are better served in having two units of 20, one with full dakka and the other with full choppa... you will never have enough boyz to need magnetizing them.
I magnetize what needs to be flexible and can't / won't buy in more than one piece: i'm not buying two dreadnought and paint them the same just to swap weapons, i magnetize. But boyz... you need so many boyz...:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yes, pull out the magnets and glue the arms on. As neferhet said you will buy way more boys than 20 and it would be better to just have 20 boyz sootas and 20 dakka boyz. I would save the magnets for deffdreads or killa kans maybe a battlewagon or different jets but regular boyz I would not spend the time and money putting magnets on them.

You are probably going to need 100 + boyz depending on what style army you decide to play so take that into consideration. I would just think of what style army you want to play and what you think the boyz will be used for and glue their arms on. Use super glue so if you change your mind you can snap of the arms easy and glue on different ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts