Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
bringin the boyz back out for a run as they've had a little time on the shelf so a little surprise factor for the coming games.
These are a couple of lists i'm thinking of running for a couple of 2000point games over this coming weekend
will be using the ork horde detachment for the first list

HQ 215

Gruk
Bigmek SAG

elites 85

burna boyz x5 (2x Meks w/ KMB)
*ride in gorkanaut

Troops 1140

and 2xBS
20 shoota boyz (include Nob, BP, PK, Shoota, EA and 2xBS)

20 slugga boyz (include Nob, BP, PK, shoota ,EA)
*these boyz run with Grukk

Heavy Support 555

Gorkanaut w grotriggers
5x killa kanz w rokkits
10x lootas

List 2

the green tide formation (primary) 1180

HQ
Grukk

Troops
9 units of
10 x slugga (includes Nob w PK, EA, BP, shoota)
1 unit of
10 x slugga (includes Nob w PK, EA, shoota)

Combined Arms Detachment (secondary) 820

HQ
Bigmek SAG

Troops
12 shoota boyz (include Nob, BP, PK, Shoota, EA and 1xBS) + trukk

Fast Attack
defkota w rokkits
defkota w rokkits
defkota w rokkits

Heavy Support
6x Lootas
6x Lootas

the first list is more of a all comers list the gorkanaut is going to be a big target but hoprfully with the 2 mek's and the grot riggers it should hopefully survive the attention that it gets. this way the other units can get to creating havoc around the board.
The second list is more about the tactical objective markers game more so than the first as the green horde should just bash things through sheer weight of numbers and gives me a waagghh every turn. The CAD detachment will just head for objectives as they come up through speeding to each of them as needed and also giving a bit of fire support.

my opponents have dark elder, tyranids, space wolves, blood angels or grey Knights so I could be up against any of them.

Thanks for looking and any feedback welcome.

Cheers
Woodzee

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
List #1

The gorkanaut will be a good fire magnet but to make it more of a threat I would put a big mek in it with a kff and give him the fixa uppa to restore hull points and give him a 5+ cover save. I would also give the big mek with a sag a boss pole if he is going to camp near the lootas.

List #2
I would make the two units of lootas just one because with 6 if someone sneezes they are running.
I would have some fun and put a weirdboy in there somewhere. These guys have the power to blow up imperial knights why not take one.

Anyway they both look great and look like you have a good time playing either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts