Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- How did you find us.
I Google'd. I was looking for a forum for Warhammer 40k. I have to be honest, I got tired of the Facebook pages. They all seemed to devolve into the same 5 'Heresy' memes, and if you ask for any 'real help' for your army or tactics- the basic response is "lol ur army sux get dark angles there the best". Hopefully, here I can find a better home.

- Your location.
ON A CRUSADE FLEET THAT IS TOTALLY WITHIN THE TOLERABLE NUMBER OF ASTARTES PER CHAPTER STOP ASKING PLEASE

- Why did you choose that handle (name).
Because, if my drunken research is valid, an 'Armiger' is 'one who bears armor', and it wasn't a knight- he was basically some dude that was good enough to be allowed to wear the armor and heraldry of the house he served. Or maybe it's a cool name, I dunno.

I had considered making a Black Templar-ish homebrew chapter with the name "Armigers" somewhere in the name- a bunch of Astartes that use old-school crusader-ish armor and hunt for relics... but I haven't gotten around to it.

- How long have you been playing Games Workshop Systems and Wargames in general
I had 'Hero Quest'. I saw a little kiosk in the mall selling gaming stuff and saw 'Chaos Warriors' for Warhammer Fantasy and thought it was nifty that another game used them. So I got interested. I ask my folks for a Chaos Army for Christmas, and boom- got it. Yes, I was a 13-year-old Chaos edgelord, sue me.

When I went to pick up some extra minis, the guy running the shop realized that my mom was the one that came in during Christmas. He gave me a box with a bunch of stripped down used Chaos miniatures, a bunch of paints that were only like 1/3 used, and some other used goodies (which is still very cool). I painted a handful of Chaos Warriors and donated them to the store.

Years and YEARS later, around 2003, I came home from Iraq with some disposable income. I went and started getting into Imperial Guard. I had a small IG basic army, nothing special, and I never won a single game but I did spend a lot of time (and money) in the store buying random minis and painting them while I watched other people play and talked to folks. Afterward, I sold off my models because
my heart just wasn't in the game any more.

- Best memory during a battle.
At my first game of WH40k, the guy I was playing against noticed I was getting nervous. He talked me through the game and mentored me, and spent a lot of time trying to help me improve. He kept recommending I get a Space Marine army to start, and even offered to loan me his- but I never took him up on it. He was a good guy, and he used to always check up on me to see if I was still playing. When I was hurt and in the hospital, he purchased a Grey Knight terminator and some paints for me. I miss him, he died of cancer in 2011 and I didn't find out until last year.

I look forward to meeting you all, and having fun and friendly banter. I also may ask for help- please keep in mind I haven't been into this hobby since 2006- and it may have been longer than that. I was never any good at 40k, and I've just recently started again and everything is a lot different.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard mate! :good:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.