Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a fluffy custom army built on korne for a 2k list..it has certain models in it..but it more for the modeling than competitive play..but if you can help make it semi comepitive that would be good..

so as i said can you help??
here is the must have models..
Kharn
Lord of skulls
2 defilers

other than that what can you come up with.?? would be great to see you collective minds at work cheers.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Interesting - I do have a proposal, but you will have a hard time dealing with flyers. If you're ok with this, I have made the following:

HQ:
- Khârn
- Chaos Lord

Troops:
- 24 Cultists (pistols, MoK)
- 10 Cultists (pistols)

Heavy:
- Defiler (TL heavy bolter, Heavy Flamer)
- Defiler (TL heavy bolter, Heavy Flamer)
- Spartan Assault Tank (2 Sponson-mounted Quad Lascannons, TL Heavy bolter)

Lord of War:

- Lord of Skulls (Gorestorm cannon, Hades Gattling Cannon)

Total: 1992 points

Approach: Stick Khârn with 24 cultists in the Spartan Assault tank (transport capacity of 25 models) and ram them up the field. Leave the Lord with the 10 cultist squad at the back and go for objectives as they are fearless. He is mainly there to provide the 2nd HQ slot.

The defiler takes each side of the field and do whatever you need to do.

The Lord of Skulls rams up along Khârn and cause havoc.

That's my approach to the subject - I hope it can give some inspiration :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting - I do have a proposal, but you will have a hard time dealing with flyers. If you're ok with this, I have made the following:

HQ:
- Khârn
- Sorcerer (lvl 1)

Troops:
- 24 Cultists (pistols, MoK)
- 10 Cultists (pistols)

Heavy:
- Defiler (Reaper Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Dozer Blades)
- Defiler (Reaper Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Dozer Blades)
- Spartan Assault Tank (2 Sponson-mounted Quad Lascannons, TL Heavy bolter)

Lord of War:

- Lord of Skulls (Gorestorm cannon, Hades Gattling Cannon)

Total: 1997 points

Approach: Stick Khârn with 24 cultists in the Spartan Assault tank (transport capacity of 25 models) and ram them up the field. Leave the sorcerer with the 10 cultist squad at the back and possibly go for demonology, just for kicks. He is mainly there to provide the 2nd HQ slot.

The defiler takes each side of the field and do whatever you need to do.

The Lord of Skulls rams up along Khârn and cause havoc.

That's my approach to the subject - I hope it can give some inspiration :)
cool thanks for that..i dont have access to FW and flyers dont really bother me..
cultists ok..not really a fan but will look into that..
as for the sorcere this is a mono khorne list so hes a NONO :nono: hehe

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
cultists ok..not really a fan but will look into that..
Cultists are cheap, but with Mark of Khorne they have 4 attacks on the charge: 1 for profile, 1 for pistol+CC and 2 for rage. With 24 cultists, our of a landraider you have 92 attacks on the charge + Khârns attacks. Even if they are low strength, they are bound to do some damage.

Ah right, the sorcerer was the cheapest dude I could find. You can have a lord in there instead if you want :p

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Ah right, the sorcerer was the cheapest dude I could find. You can have a lord in there instead if you want :p
A Dark Apostle could work as well. They are quite fluffy with the MOK.

(also I dot think Defilers can have Dozer Blades.. I also Personally recommend the Heavy Bolter on the Defiler in place of the Autocannons. You get more shots, sure its not ant-tank but you have the main-cannon for that.. the Bolters support the Flamers so much better)

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
also I dot think Defilers can have Dozer Blades..
EDIT: You're right, it says tank models only. I missed that little star - Sorry!

I usually run with the battle cannon so I never pay much mind to the secondary weapons - But I have adjusted the list regardless to make it more accurate :)

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I usually run with the battle cannon so I never pay much mind to the secondary weapons - But that's just me :D
The Twinlinked Heavy Flamer is Brutal. S5 re-rolling wounds, Ignoring cover, AP 4.

It also allows you to charge and use the Power-Fists.

Yep.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
How about an unbound list using the butcherhorde and then the defilers and lord of skulls?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The butcherhorde is Karn with 4 squads of csm and 4 squads of berzerkers with adamantium will and that generates another attack on each 6 they roll, they also double their attacks when rolling an 8 on the charge. It's not a bad idea actually^^.

I'm just wondering, before I try my hand at it, what is the significance of the Defilers in this list?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The butcherhorde is Karn with 4 squads of csm and 4 squads of berzerkers with adamantium will and that generates another attack on each 6 they roll, they also double their attacks when rolling an 8 on the charge. It's not a bad idea actually^^.

I'm just wondering, before I try my hand at it, what is the significance of the Defilers in this list?
ive always like the models..and i cant stand the dinosaurs..seeing as how this is a fun fluffy converted themed army..im thinking of either using the defilers as counts as M.fiends..or vindicators..
just not sure.. its manly for fun but still would like to win a couple of games with it

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just start out with the butcherhorde and the Lord of Skulls and see where it leaves you? I'm a big fan of berserkers myself and with the superheavy being nothing more than a supersized version of that, it could look awesome!:biggrin: Also don't forget the thing is a humongous fire magnet that can help you to get all your angry zerkers across the table.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just start out with the butcherhorde and the Lord of Skulls and see where it leaves you? I'm a big fan of berserkers myself and with the superheavy being nothing more than a supersized version of that, it could look awesome!:biggrin: Also don't forget the thing is a humongous fire magnet that can help you to get all your angry zerkers across the table.
yes..i played a few games yesturday agaisnt tau with 2 squads of braodsides and it was still taking 2-3 turns to kill it..

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
To be honest, at this point, you can take pretty much anything and win games if its not the super competitive situation.

Just take the models you listed and then fill in with some mok csm/ beserkers. Your have to have models eat way too much of your points budget to do much else realistically, especially since you dismissed cheap cultist units.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To be honest, at this point, you can take pretty much anything and win games if its not the super competitive situation.

Just take the models you listed and then fill in with some mok csm/ beserkers. Your have to have models eat way too much of your points budget to do much else realistically, especially since you dismissed cheap cultist units.
i havent dismissed cultists..i just dont realy like them..but what im finding is that kharn in a squad of zerkers is way to much overkill..so the culsits may be better..and also gives me an idea of converting more WH models to cultists

1 - 20 of 24 Posts