1Furioso Dreadnought
1Drop pod

5Sanguinary guard

1Chaplain

Fast attack
1Baal Predator

Heavy support
1Storm raven

If I decided to the painting challenge some of the army wil on there,so look out on there as well

Im not that great of a painter so went for a easy scheme of krone red ands creaming skull if you have any thing to ask or want to give me some advise just let me know.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hey revilo

Its a good color scheme and its nice to see you have gone down the DIY route. I'm no expert on lists but it seems to be a good mix of CC and shooting but still flavorful with the BA gene seed in mind.

Quick question - whats the thought behind having the Dread in a pod? Surely it would be better to put it in the SR with either the DC or AM and have the Tacticals in the DP maybe?

I like the mixed shoulder pads you have used on the meltagunner. Have you though about what you will do for basing?

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
There are others that might argue with me but the one thing that has improved my painting is washes. The ability to put some shading in the hollows of a model really helps show the detail and give it a more realistic look. Get a piece of a model like an arm that you are not going to use, give it a coat of the screaming skull you have used and then hit it with one of the brown washes, agrax earthshade, ogryn flesh or something like that and see if you like the effect. I found they worked wonders for me.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
There are others that might argue with me but the one thing that has improved my painting is washes. The ability to put some shading in the hollows of a model really helps show the detail and give it a more realistic look. Get a piece of a model like an arm that you are not going to use, give it a coat of the screaming skull you have used and then hit it with one of the brown washes, agrax earthshade, ogryn flesh or something like that and see if you like the effect. I found they worked wonders for me.
What shaan said, washes really helped me out as well. I love the things!

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Definitely washes,they make a big difference.

Brave choice going with white, it is a hard colour to get right but you're doing a pretty good job so far.

Also I'd add a little bit of black here and there as it makes a great contrast, maybe black weapons ?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Really fascinating color scheme. I would agree with the idea of contrast: you might want to keep the helmets red/yellow respectively and then make maybe the shoulder pads, or as magpie said the guns black.

·
Registered
428 Posts
im not very good at painting either im what you class as a lazy paint if the model looks good from a distance then its good to me.
i agree with the others though simple wash would do you the world of good and if you really want to make them pop a little more once youe washed them and they have dried just go back with a little of the original paint and go over some of higher areas.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey revilo

Its a good color scheme and its nice to see you have gone down the DIY route. I'm no expert on lists but it seems to be a good mix of CC and shooting but still flavorful with the BA gene seed in mind.

Quick question - whats the thought behind having the Dread in a pod? Surely it would be better to put it in the SR with either the DC or AM and have the Tacticals in the DP maybe?

I like the mixed shoulder pads you have used on the meltagunner. Have you though about what you will do for basing?
I was thinking about doing a desert bases.I do run my dred in the pod. I have forgot to mention I've got another dred for 2000points which will be stormravened

I will try that thanks
What shaan said, washes really helped me out as well. I love the things!
Definitely washes,they make a big difference.

Brave choice going with white, it is a hard colour to get right but you're doing a pretty good job so far.
Thanks I though it was cream colour.i thought of the colour scheme before the new paint range came out.

Also I'd add a little bit of black here and there as it makes a great contrast, maybe black weapons ?
I will give that go

Really fascinating color scheme. I would agree with the idea of contrast: you might want to keep the helmets red/yellow respectively and then make maybe the shoulder pads, or as magpie said the guns black.
Thanks for comment .i thought I do something differnet color wise

Ring Master "Honka";1361125]im not very good at painting either im what you class as a lazy paint if the model looks good from a distance then its good to me.
i agree with the others though simple wash would do you the world of good and if you really want to make them pop a little more once youe washed them and they have dried just go back with a little of the original paint and go over some of higher areas.

Well i think it is clear what I have to do Add washes.i try that when I'm next painting

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ill be watching how you do your sanguinary guard. Im doing some at the moment in a khaki instead of bronze. Look forward to seeing your progress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts