Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, the name's Win and I've been recently introduced to Warhammer 40k by one of my best friends.

I remember knowing about the game since we were kids, but since we didn't have the resources [$_$] at the time, we never goty seriously into it.

Recently he told me about the game and how he was gathering players and asked me to join in what he called "The perfect game for you", since I like to write stories, draw, sculpt and paint [not really good at it I just like to do it:so_happy:]

I told him I would only if he let me do a female Space Marine chapter [no need to immolate me as a heretic, I learned the error of my mistake:grin:]. He pointed me to the Witch Hunters Army and the Sisters of Battle. It was love at first sight.

Things look great for our little gaming group. We have a Space Marines Chapter [my friend], an Imperial Guard regiment, a Chaos Space Marines Traitor Legion, a Tyranid Hive, A Tau Empire garrison, a nasty Chaos Daemon cavalry, a massive Ork battle force and my Adeptas Sororitas Order of the Fire Lily.

So far we only play 500 and 750 pt battles, to get aquainted with our armies and the rules of the game, but if things keep working the way they are, we might even start playing campaings!

I'm very happy to join this community and I hope to be an active member.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Welcome to Heresy.

You're in luck. While the Codex as a whole is outdated, Witch Hunters are capable of putting out some really good armies, pure mechanized Sisters in particular. Nuns with guns and meltas in Rhinos or Immolators can put out the hurt against armor, infantry and everything in between while remaining cheap, mobile and relatively durable.

Hope you have fun with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts