Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

900 PTS List for Dem Silly Elves

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Moriouce 
#1 ·
Alright, so I'm new to 40K, and my friend that I play is Eldar player who constantly face rolls me. I have access to any miniature that I may possibly need (I'm a LGS owner). His army list is always the same:
Autarch on Jetbike with 2/3 other Shining Spears
Wave Serpent as DT for Avatar
3 squads of Rangers
Vyper

This list proven to just be decimating for my Ork list

Ghazgkhull w/ 2 Nobs (Big Choppa) and Pain Boy
Big Mek with KFF
Looted Wagon
24 Shoota Boyz w/ Nob PK
6 Lootas

Rangers keep my Boyz pinned, Wave Serpent and Vyper keeps my Looted Wagon immobialized and sometimes kill Ghaz before he even get to do anything. (Thanks to missiles) Shining Spears come up from behind and finish whatever the Serpent and Vyper cannot. Then they flee back into Resv and rinse and repeat till all that is left is my Boyz who can't move.

Any help or suggestions would greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi and welcome to the power of being green :)
900 points well the first thing you really need to do is drop Gaz, he is a huge points sink at this level. eldar are pretty flimsy so what you need to do is pour heaps and heaps of fire into them. for the cost of Gaz you can field a 30 ork shoota squad with a nob and power klaw + 3 big shootas (that in essence is 31 woumds and 53 s4 ap6 shots plus 9 s5 ap5 shots, as opposed to gaz having 5 wounds and one twinlinked shoota).
you need more boyz is all really.

something like this you could look at using to decimate your friend

HQ
Big mek SAG
w/ammo runt (for that one reroll very handy)
TROOPS
3 units each consisting of
29 boyz total per unit
w/Nob PK and EA
w/ 2 x BS
HEAVY SUPPORT
3x Killa Kans with twinlinked rokkit launcha (each as a separate unit)

the above list is pretty much what i run at 1000pnts ( at 1000points i'll drop the boyz mobs down to 25 and pick up lootas)

the tactic i usually employ with this is to build a bubble around each Kan with a unit of boyz, just so the Kan can pick up the cover save for intervening units and just advance accross the field. get the Big Mek into cover and you can pretty much target anything on the playing field so no more running away for the Eldar.

to play the numbers game this will give you 156 s4 ap6 shots, 18 s5 ap5 shots, 3 twinlinked rocket s8 ap3 and one big ordenance s2D6 ap2 so therectically you wound with about 40 shots per turn if you were firing all at once.

Orks need quantity over quality ( as we don't have too much quality)
hope this helps out :)

#3 ·
Ghaz, the two nobs, the painboy and the looted wagon all need to go. I agree with Woodsee on more boyz to help beat up the eldar as they are fragile.

You might want to counter his rangers with some kommandos that have a burna. I also favor the big mek with a SAG they seem to be good at popping Eldar tanks. Another group of lootas might be helpful. You might want to consider a couple of buggies or deffkoptas with big shootas or tokkits to zip around and shoot things up.

#5 ·
@Moriouce I've never fought elder and Power Klaws are just a given where I play as lots of monstrous creatures, big named characters and big armour. So if none of the elder have anything that needs to be munched with the high strength high AP then yeah i'm all for big choppas and extra boyz and big shootas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.