Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange point level I know, but that’s how many points my friends have ATM, so I’ll just roll with it. I tried to make a list that takes advantage of BT’s inherent strengths, as well as have a CC army as the others have IG, and SW (who is going for a balanced list).BTW, all the initiates and neophytes have BP & CC weapon combo :biggrin:

EC-140
Accept any challenge

Sword brethren-254
9 man, rhino, EA, smoke, pair of claws, (counter-attack)

Initiates-189
5 initaites, 3 neophytes, power fist, rhino, EA, Smoke

Initiates-189
5 initaites, 3 neophytes, power fist, rhino, EA, Smoke

Jump Initiates-132
2x flamer, power weapon

Ok, so it’s 4 points over, but it’s for friendly games and if they make a fuss I’ll just remove a neophyte. I’m going to build this from the SM battleforce+ extra bits that I have/ can trade for.
How does this look? This is my first ever BT list, so please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very mobile list, and I like it because that's the whole point of the Black Templars :p
Against the SW guys you'll deep strike with the Jump Initiates and get the Rune Priest and then the rest of the game would be yours :p
Against IG, as we saw today, it would be an easy job, and you won't have to Outflank the old school way (actually going around the table to the opponents table edge to outflank? that's old school :p)!
Just hope your Initiates and Brethren would get to the tanks before they'll blow YOU up :p

All in all I like the list, sucks I won't see you playing it :/

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I tried to build it to make use of black templar cc capability as well as the fact that their smoke launchers downgrade all penetrating hits to glancing hits :biggrin:, and extra armor is only a 5 point upgrade for them.

Basically:

Turn 1 rush forward and use smoke
Turn 2 rapid fire, maybe get charged (counter attack veterans :biggrin:)
Turn 3+ cc, either I win in this bit or I lose in this bit

so you think I should go with this? I've been thinking about swapping out the assault marines for a fire support squad or some bikers, would this be a good idea?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts