Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Two guys have been playing tennis for over 9 and 1/2 hours straight. How crazy is that?

woog out!
The craziest thing is that people are still watching it.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Isner was dead but Mahut still looked pretty fresh. The guy was insanely fit, it was epic epic epic and still time tomorrow

Cant wait

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's tennis.

It's shit.

It's played by pussies.
They played for 8 hours. How does that make them pussy:shok:

Pretty amazing considering that today none of the two guys had a bath room break. And that they were surviving purely on the stuff they had brought with them in thier kit bags eg energy drinks and tablets:shok:

Skar

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
This is impressive.

All through the contest, the fighters went at each other aggressively, pounding each other with their gloves, inflicting and sustaining tremendous punishment. Yet, as the 3-min. rounds wore on, neither fighter could put the other away. The incredible bout continued far into the night, lasting over seven hours in all. When the bell sounded for the 111th round, both fighters, dazed and weary, gave up and did not come out of their corners. At that, the referee unbelievably ruled the bout "no contest." Burke never fought again. Bowen fought only one more match; he died after being knocked out in 18 rounds.
Andy Bowen and Jack Burke April 6 1893.

A pair of wimps on a tennis court isn't.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is impressive.

Andy Bowen and Jack Burke April 6 1893.

A pair of wimps on a tennis court isn't.
Agreed. That is impressive. A bunch of Queers on a field chasing a ball and not using their hands isn't either.

It's tennis.

It's shit.

It's played by pussies.
Agreed, but, 10 hours is ridiculous to play any sport.

woog out!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Ugh, tennis? Really? Until they make it full contact like boxing or when it's done inside an octagon, I will never watch it. Christ, it is like watching the pendulum on a clock... back and forth... back and forth. I got better things to do in life, like watching my dog take a crap.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'm sure that means that Jez and Stella could play for longer than them.

I mean, I assume you're both tougher than a pair of pussies, right?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hrmmm... actually didn't think of it that way. Both not good enough to win at Wimbledon, so why not play a game as long as possible.... good theory bitsnkits

woog out!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
finally it's over. Agreed. It was boring but something to witness. I enjoy playing tennis for fun. It's about the only thing i don't feel i'll kill myself playing at my age and physical fitness..

woog out!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts