Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have this mini-tourney on Saturday (and it's obviously 800pts)
I can't take vehicle with 33 AV on front+side+rear, and can take:
1 HQ
2-4 Troops
0-1 Fast Attack
0-1 Elite
0-1 Heavy

List:
Farseer (stones, both runes, Guide, Mind War) - 140

2x Guardians (2x10) + 2 EML - 200
Dire Avenger (9, Exarch - dual shuri, Defender, Bladestorm) - 155
Pathfinders (x5) - 125

2x War Walker (Scatter Lasers) - 120

I plan to roll for powers, depending what army I will face (propably Telephaty against Orks, Tyranids etc; Divination against rest)

What I have except it:
3 Warlocks
10 Banshees
5 DA

What're your toughts? Should I change something?
I know I don't have much, so there are not really many choices...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well first what units do you have and will u be able to buy any more before this tournament. Tell us that and then we can help you with your list

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's what I wrote above:
3 Warlocks
10 Banshees
5 more DA

It's all I have, 'cause I can't take neither Falcon nor Wave Serpent. So except what I've "taken", those 3 things are all I have, and all I can take.

And I won't buy anything. I want to see how tourney play looks like, 'cause it will be my first.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, Banshees aren't great anymore, so good call not taking those..

4 troops is pretty heavy for the points, but with your makeup I wouldn't change it, unless you wanted to drop a guardian squad and take 3 warlocks with your farseer instead - probably not worth it though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take 3 warlocks with your farseer instead - probably not worth it though.
Yeah, I thought about it. I would take one with Enchence and 2 with Destructor. Or 2 with Enchence, one with Destructor, and one of them with singing spear.

But would it mean that to kill my HQ (not Warlord, but HQ as one unit) enemy would have to kill both unit of warlocks and Farseer (if I would take them separate)? And as you wrote, I don't really see use of such a small group in this list. Or maybe somone have some brilliant idea as to how to use it?

And thx for rply, man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts