Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So obviously this list is built around rolling for reserves first turn using the
new nemesis formation, hopefully deepstriking all the troops and the Dreadknights.
Depending upon who I am playing either going full MSU and combat squad
everything, or combat squadding either the GKT or the strike squad to make
use of prescience on.

Brother Captain
Psycannon, Soul Glaive , Melta Bombs 195

10 terminators
2 x Psycannon
2x Hammer 390

10 man GKSS
w. 2 x Psycannon
Justicar w.Melta Bombs

5 man GKSS
w. Incinerator
Justicar w./ MeltaBombs

Stormraven
MM + TL AC
Hurricane Bolters

Stormraven
MM + TL las

Nemesis Dreadknight
Personal teleporter
Incinerator
Nemesis Greatsword 190

NDK
Hvy Psycannon 165

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm surprised to see 2 Stormravens at 1750 I think the second one may be wasted points then again it may be the anti tank anti flyer support you need I'm not sure.

I really like the way you outfitted the NDKs most people aren't seeing the advantage of the split load outs.

My main concern is the GKSS squads these used to be my go to unit and they have been wrecked by the changes in the new codex. Psycannons on GKSS don't work anymore and the 5 man unit would be better as interceptors. The first turn reserve formation means no ObSec units so there is no advantage to GKSS. I would make all of the GKSS into interceptors with incinerators. Changing the Brother Captain to a Libby will get you the points needed and the effectiveness of 15 models goes way up.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So first couple of games and it worked surprisingly well for a list hashed together as a first attempt. The Stormravens brought some sorely needed Anti-tank.

I thought about interceptors, but to the GKSS bring some cheap (comparatively) deepstriking onto midfield/objectives/camping, plus generating a couple of extra warp charges. Ill give the list a couple more runs and then maybe give the interceptors a try, especially with the incinerators.

I am currently leaning towards dropping 5 men out of the GKSS squad to take an OrdoMalleus Inquisitor w. Terminator Armour/Psycannon +Servoskulls. The servoskulls will bring some needed DS accuracy, and will enable me to combat squad the terminators in 2 (one with the BC, one with Inq) giving each unit 2 psycannons and prescience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts