Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys! I've just finished editing my third batrep. This one is quite different to my first two. I'm calling it a "fluffrep" because it focuses exclusively on the narrative.

If you like it consider watching my first two. If you don't like it...consider watching my first two. They're quite different! :D

My equipment is pretty poor. Essentially we record on a mobile phone and I'm editing with Windows Live Movie Maker on a laptop with the "gets hot" special rule. It shuts down every hour or so from overheating. It's a challenge. I'm thinking of trying a kickstarter project to get a camera though. No harm in trying, right?

Enjoy!

Oh, and if you're kind enough to offer a positive comment, please post it on youtube if it's no trouble. More people see it that way :)

All comments are welcome though. We can handle good honest criticism.

Oh, and just one last thing, I promise...if you really enjoy it consider subscribing. That way you won't miss the next one!http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm editing with Windows Live Movie Maker on a laptop with the "gets hot" special rule. It shuts down every hour or so from overheating
I'll give you a fix for your problem. If your hoover has blow back function, use it on your air vents (all holes on the bottom and on the side)
Or you can buy a can of compressed air and do the same thing.
Or you can do what I do and use a electrical pump to blow up an airbed.

All options above work very well and you'll be surprised of the results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I especially liked the way you rested the image on things for a while instead of constantly swooping around like some vidreps do.
Thanks, that was a major goal from the beginning. Glad you approve :)

All options above work very well and you'll be surprised of the results.
Unfortunately I don't have any of those things. I've considered buying a can but it was fairly expensive for something that I wasn't sure would work. I probably need to just do it though. Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any of those things. I've considered buying a can but it was fairly expensive for something that I wasn't sure would work. I probably need to just do it though. Thanks!
If you live in the UK, try that from amazon: (or search the amazon site where you live)
search "can of air" there are few cheap ones (can't get the link to work)

Or for permanent solution:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeisureKraft-Electric-inflator-deflator-Universal/dp/B003LYXH2U/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1405769639&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=airbed+pump

They are less in money than anything GW sell :grin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked on Amazon and although they had several reasonably priced options the postage was adding a bit, so I looked on eBay and got one for less than a fiver with free delivery. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts