Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't have 7E yet, but I've been reading bits and pieces....

GK are now Battle Brothers with all Forces of the Imperium.

Battle Brothers are able to utilize transports from other forces.

The Stormwing Formation says that you can not use the 'raven as a transport unless it's a model from the corresponding army, which is C:SM.

So... the Stormwing is a C:SM transport, the GKs are battle brothers with C:SM....

Can GKs use a Stormraven from the Stormwing Formation? I realize I wouldn't get Psyammo, but I WOULD now have Stormtalons for anti-air....

In a similar vein, could Dark Angels now run the 'raven as a transport, and have Stormtalons instead of lackluster Dark Talons?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I can see that would counter act it (playing devils advocate against myself) is the wording in the Formation itself that says you can only take transports from this codex. would it trump the BRB?

Otherwise, this may have just breathed some new life into my Dark Angels idea, since now I can drop a squad of Knights... even though they can already Deep Strike.

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
The only thing I can see that would counter act it (playing devils advocate against myself) is the wording in the Formation itself that says you can only take transports from this codex. would it trump the BRB?

Otherwise, this may have just breathed some new life into my Dark Angels idea, since now I can drop a squad of Knights... even though they can already Deep Strike.
It does... Exact wording for the "Independent Formation" rule states:
The Adeptus Astartes Storm Wing Formation does not benefit from the Chapter Tactics special rule, but units from Codex: Space Marines that are included in the same army can begin the game embarked on the Stormraven Gunship, and can embark on it during the game.
So unless the Battle Brothers are also from Codex: Space Marines, they cannot utilise the Stormraven Gunship as a transport.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ntaw: see Wookie's quote. The vehicles don't have tactics, and must come from C:SM. No bloodstrike missiles, it's not a BA vehicle.

But the quote still leaves the same question. Only C:SM can start in it, but now ALL forces of the Imperium are Battle Brothers.... so can all of them start in an 'unmarked' formation 'raven?

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
@ntaw: see Wookie's quote. The vehicles don't have tactics, and must come from C:SM. No bloodstrike missiles, it's not a BA vehicle.

But the quote still leaves the same question. Only C:SM can start in it, but now ALL forces of the Imperium are Battle Brothers.... so can all of them start in an 'unmarked' formation 'raven?
Wasn't there a rule somewhere in the old 6th Ed. BRB about the fact that even Battle Brothers cannot embark on vehicles from other armies? Does that still exist in the latest 6.5/7.0 Ed. BRB?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The vehicles don't have tactics, and must come from C:SM. No bloodstrike missiles, it's not a BA vehicle.
I guess now that Unbound exists there also exists a new level of specificity. I meant:

think would anyone give me flak about having a Stormwing formation that was painted as Imperial Fist Stormtalons and a Blood Angel Stormraven?
For the purposes of me using a Stormwing, whoever is on the other side of the table is going to have to deal with one model being painted red even if it's 'supposed' to be yellow (or whatever colour makes you feel like it's from C:SM :laugh:).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts