Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Mega armor shooty in BW

Something I've been wondering now that I've read this is the Slow and Purposeful rule, when throwing them in a unit with lootas/flash gitz in a battlewagon.

Are you allowed to shoot at full balisitic with these both when moving combat speed AND cruising speed, or do you still snapfire when moving cruising speed?
Getting somewhat confused about this. I love the idea but always saw it as, no matter what happens then combat speed = full ballistic from the inside; Cruising speed = snap fire.

Am I getting this all confused.
Sorry if I seem off. Don't have the rule book nex tto me at work :p

Edit: Again, an amazing article!

· Registered
55 Posts
Not meganobz with them. But taking a big mek with mega armor with them to get slow and purposefull and if reading the rules correct your actually able to go 12" in the BW and shoot out with full balistic.

Reason why I was thinking this is;
1. 10 lootas standing in a building or such is easy to render useless just by making sure you're getting out of LoS.
2. 10 lootas being able to move 12" and shooting full balistic makes it easier to move so you have LoS on things and making sure there's alwasys something to shoot at that doesn't have to much cover and such.
Same as putting a Big Mek w. SAG on a bike. I have had countless battles where my lootas and SAG where made completely useless because there were a lot of cover to hide behind on the field. That's why I wanted to try it out in a BW with slow and purposeful with a big mek in mega armor.

Is that utterly nonsense and stupid?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.