Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm pretty new to this game. Even though i've been playing for about two years, it's only been roughly 10 games or so. A close friend got me into it, mainly because he was into it and had no one else to play with him, lol.

So here is my army:

10 Deathmarks
10 Flayed Ones
10 Immortals
- 5 Gauss
- 5 Tesla
12 Warriors (made 2 from extra bits)
6 Canoptek Scarabs

I do have a Doom Scythe and a Night Scythe, but once my buddy upgrade his AA we've been doing more ground / infantry based games. :laugh:

so, we usually play 1000pt games and i'm having to borrow a Lord from him and 5 Praetorians. I'd love some recommendations on what to do about my Lord situation. I pretty much know nothing about it.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Vargard Obyron is a decent Lord slot... not Overlord, just Lord. He's good to put in a squad of Lychgard, with access to his teleport.

Personally I'm a fan of the CCB. You get an Overlord that you can tool up (giving the barge IWND, for instance), and being able to sweep across targets with a Warscythe while blasting stuff with Gauss.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so if I was to get myself Vargard Obyron, how what I set up the squad? Sword and shield, or something else? How would I set up the Lord? I don't know anything about the teleport you're talking about, so setting it up how you're saying, how would I do that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, it won't let me edit the last post. I meant to say, how what I set up the lychguard, w/ sword and shield?

Also, is it the Lychguard who has the teleport or Vargard Obyron?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Obyron has an item called the Ghostwalk Mantle. Once per game it will let him leave the board and immediately deepstrike back in.

He has a scythe, so you could either put him in a squad with more Scythes, or keep them with sword/shield to tank for him, to make sure he gets where he wants to go.

With the Catacomb Command Barge, I'd use the Gauss Cannon (personal preference), a Warscythe, and I believe it's the Phylactery that gives IWND to the Overlord and the Barge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So basically the tactic would be to have him in a squad with all the same weapons, use him to melee combat on one side of the board, and then teleport deep strike himself in the other units with him across the board to attack. What are their melee weapons like? Is it decent or would they get chewed up like butter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I wonder if he would be beneficial to link up with my deathmarks. They have a deep strike special rule where it is a guaranteed 2+ wound, or is there some kind of special rule where he can only link up with certain squads?

If he could link up with deathmarks, wouldn't the use of their deepstrike ability be beneficial?

*edited: Oh wait. I guess the only way that would be beneficial is if the Lord could attach to the squad after they've deep striked in. Is that possible?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts