Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
New to eldar but not 40k. I currently own 3 jetbikes and a fire prism but am looking to buy more soon. Want to make a 750pt list with a view to grow it to 1500 and 2000 pts eventually. I want the army to be fast and predominantly shooting (as oppose to cc aspect) focussed. I also want the army to be strong and when it reaches 2000pts to be competitive. I know the codex is still in early days and things are likely to change as we gain experience in it but any advice is welcome

Current thoughts:
HQ
Thinking farseer on jetbike - psychic shriek with the mobility of a jetbike just looks fun
? Jetlock council

Troops
Leaning towards jetbikers but ive heard good things about wave serpents so am undecided as to whether I should but some DAs in serpents.

Fast attack
Vypers look interesting but oh so vulnerable
? Crimson hunter, good for flyers but again so vulnerable

Heavy support
I thought the wraithknight - suncannon/scatterlaser for 300 was actually good value for what he does-3 s6 ap3 blasts TL is nothing to sneeze at on a jump mc with a 5+invul
Fire prism, times 2-3

Elites
? Fire dragons in a serpent

Like I said all thoughts welcome

·
Registered
204 Posts
How about this?

HQ

Farseer - Jetbike - 115pts

Troops

6 Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons - 122pts

Heavy Support

Fire Prism - Shuriken Cannon - 135pts
Fire Prism - Shuriken Cannon - 135pts

Total: 751pts

This should be a solid start. Loads of Shuriken weaponry to get those AP2 shots in. You've got a solid troops base. Definitely room to add some Dire Avengers and Serpant in.

You'll be sorted at such a low points value for Anti-Tank in the Prisms. You may want to think about taking Guide for the Prisms for early in the game to make sure they hit. Later on you can definitely try out the Psychic Shriek thing!!

You can easily grow this list to include all the things you've talked about. It seems to have a very Saim-Hann feel to it so far! With that in mind, the Wraithknight may feel a little wrong to include. I don't think he'd fit.

Personally, I'd definitely take a Crimson Hunter (maybe Exarch) to fill out the AA for larger games. At such a small points total you shouldn't be seeing many fliers, but if you do there isn't much you can do with it. You could guide a Jetbike squad and hope for the best but you may just have to roll with it.

You can also take a large Jetlock council in larger games too (at least 6). This will give a leader for each squad and a retinue for the Farseer. You can use their Primaris power (Conceal) to give yourself a 2+ cover save after turbo-boosting.

Hope that helps for now!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Shelmans list is perfect,pretty much what I will run.You wont see to many flyers and if you do just avoid them with your speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So thought some more and here is my current plan

750 - totals 741

HQ
Farseer - 155
Mantle, jet bike,
Powers: psychic shriek, primaris for fate and either divination primaris or good runes power if it rolled

TROOPS
Windrider jetbike x6 - 102

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire prism - 140
holo fields

Fire prism - 140
holo fields

I didn't give the cannons because I want the jet bike up close and personal to use all their attacks. Similarly I want the fire prisms at 60" so the cannons won't reach but the holo fields will keep them up that much longer. I chose the mantle because I want my opponent using his ignore cover shots on the farseer who has a 3+/4++ not on the prisms or the bikes

1750 on the dot

HQ
Farseer - 160
Mantle, jet bike, singing spear (only cause 5 points spare)
Powers: psychic shriek, primaris for fate and either divination primaris or good runes power if it rolled

Warlocks x5 - 250
Jetbike

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK
Vyper - 85
Scatter laser, shuriken cannon, holo fields

Vyper - 85

Vyper - 85

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dark Reapers x3 - 295
starshot for normal reapers, Exarch - eldar missile launcher, flak, fast shot
Wave serpent - TL scatter lasers, shuriken cannon, holo fields

Fire prism - 140
holo fields

Fire prism - 140
holo fields

The warlocks now provide the guardians with different roles depending on the power- +1save gives me flying termites (EDIT:LOL, writing on a phone autocorrect is awesome) for mid field, -3 Ld synergies with farseers scream and works in backfield to push squads into running off the board or away from objectives. The farseer is more valuable as a distraction cause those ignore cover guns should be shooting my vypers. Vypers gang up with jetbikes to take down troops. Dark reapers provide some anti tank/ aa, and the wave serpent is a nice gun boat.

2000 on the dot

HQ
Farseer - 155
Mantle, jet bike,

Warlocks x5 - 250
Jetbike,

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK
Vyper x2 - 170

Vyper x2 - 170

Crimson hunter - 160

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dark Reapers x3 - 305
starshot for the normal reapers, Exarch - eldar missile launcher, flak, fast shot, night vision
Wave serpent - TL scatter lasers, shuriken cannon, holo fields

Fire prism - 140
holo fields

Fire prism - 140
holo fields

As above, one more vyper and a crimson hunter for some more aa/tank killing. I then gave my farseer a singing spear cause I had 5 points over and that was all I could think of

All comments and critiques welcome. Thanks in advance

EDIT2: took the spears off the warlocks/farseer to give the reapers starshot missiles and the exarch night vision. (at 1750 didn't have the points for night vision so farseer gets a spear)

EDIT 3: so another variation I've been considering is this. All thoughts welcome

HQ
Autarch - 95
Reaper launcher

Farseer - 155
Mantle, jet bike,

Warlocks x5 - 235
4x Jetbike,

TROOPS
Guardians x10 - 255
Scatterlaser weapon platform
Wave serpent - TL scatterlaser, shuriken cannon, holo fields

ELITE
Fire Dragon x5 - 255
Wave serpent - TL scatterlaser, shuriken cannon, holo fields

FAST ATTACK
Crimson hunter - 160

Crimson hunter - 160

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire prism - 125

Fire prism - 125

So the vypers have been replaced with wave serpents cause they fill a similar role in producing s6 shots but are that much more survivable, I took the holo fields off the prisms cause now there are moe pressing targets for the enemies anti tank weapons so that and distance will make the prisms less of a target. 2 crimson hunters for aa/anti tank and an autarch to help with controling reserves. Fire dragons in one of the serpents for anti tank and guardians start the game in the otner withthe autarch and go into cover near the home objective for some more s6 shots and a 2+ cover save.
This one is slightly less mobile and has fewer s6 weight of fire but is more durable and has better aa. I will need to make sure I take out interceptors before the flyers arrive, but when combined with autarch and second turn I definately think its possible to keep them in he air long enough
Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts