-Power Weapon

Fast Attack: (210pts)
2 Land Speeder
-2 Multi-melta
-2 Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder Typhoon
-Typhoon Missile Launcher

Total: 750pts

Grey Hunters support each other and RP keeps them in cover while they close in for assault. Land Speeders try to distract and keep fire off the GHs by assaulting any armor. Land Speeder Typhoon keeps a distance while reigning down on infantry.

For now I'll be playing mostly versus a friend who will be fielding Chaos. Relatively new to WH40k - so please feel free to correct as needed!

Other things to note:
- i'd really love to stick with speeders, but if i have to i'll consider changing em.
- should i decrease the size of my squads; so i can cover more ground(for objectives)?

thanks in advanced

·
4,491 Posts
HQ:
Rune Priest(170pts)
-Runic Armor
-Master of Runes
-Wolf Tail Talisman
~Storm Caller
~Jaws of the World Wolf
Seems like a lot of points when a basic RP will do just as well.
Id consider keeping him simple and just giving him LL and JotWW.

Troops: (365pts)
10 Grey Hunters
-2 Meltagun
-Mark of the Wulfen
-Power Weapon
I dont think the PW is really worth it. Not really a fan of MotW myself, but others swear by it.
These guys really need a transport though.

9 Grey Hunters[+rp]
-2 Meltagun
-Mark of the Wulfen
-Power Weapon
As above. Also, im pretty sure you cant take 2 Meltaguns if there is only 9 GH in the unit.

Fast Attack: (210pts)
2 Land Speeder
-2 Multi-melta
-2 Heavy Flamer
Looks ok, however i think you will benefit more from Long Fangs with ML's.

Land Speeder Typhoon
-Typhoon Missile Launcher
As above.

Total: 750pts

Grey Hunters support each other and RP keeps them in cover while they close in for assault. Land Speeders try to distract and keep fire off the GHs by assaulting any armor. Land Speeder Typhoon keeps a distance while reigning down on infantry.

For now I'll be playing mostly versus a friend who will be fielding Chaos. Relatively new to WH40k - so please feel free to correct as needed!

Other things to note:
- i'd really love to stick with speeders, but if i have to i'll consider changing em.
- should i decrease the size of my squads; so i can cover more ground(for objectives)?

thanks in advanced
My advise given above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Troops: (365pts)
10 Grey Hunters
-2 Meltagun
-Mark of the Wulfen
-Power Weapon
I dont think the PW is really worth it. Not really a fan of MotW myself, but others swear by it.
These guys really need a transport though.

So just keep 2 Meltaguns and nothing else?

9 Grey Hunters[+rp]
-2 Meltagun
-Mark of the Wulfen
-Power Weapon
As above. Also, im pretty sure you cant take 2 Meltaguns if there is only 9 GH in the unit.
In the current Space Wolves codex it states; If the squad numbers ten models, a second GH may replace his bolter with another weapon for free. The squad contains 9GH+RunePriest.
I'll start looking into what you've given. Thanks a lot of the help!

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
OK, so at 750 there isn't a whole lot of flexability... but looking at what you have, you can pretty easily fit the following into your list...

Rune Priest
2 x 9 Greyhunters w/ Melta and PW - in a Rhino
2 x Landspeeder with MM/Typhoon
1 x Landspeeder with MM/HF

For your Rune Priest, I think JotWW is gimicky... sure it can work... but I find Living Lightning + murderous hurricane to be a bit more effective.

Much like KOC, I don't get much excitement from the MotW...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts