Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here i am again, i've been doing some research and thought i would post what i have been thinking on so far.

HQ.
Space Marine Captain
Stormbolter
Powerfist

128p

Troop.
2x Tactical Squad
Sergeant
Meltagun

195p

Heavy.
Either:
Predator
TL Lascannon
Heavy Bolter

Or
Devestator Squad
4x Missile Luancher

hopefully i havent broken any of the rules about point mentioning if so please tell me.

but anyway i have no idea were to go from there i want to hit 750p and im not much for adding rhinos in my army, i see how they can be usefull i just dont like playing with them :headbutt:

Critisism is very welcome :so_happy:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
y6our points are all over place and i can't tell what the points for each unit are.

Anyway back to the list.
2 Tactial squads both with meltagun, 1 with MM and one with Missile will cost you a total of 350pts, + your captain with Twin Fists(to make him awsume) at 150pts(I think) takes you to 500pts. Now you add in your Pred or maybe 2 as you can get them both in and there you go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
y6our points are all over place and i can't tell what the points for each unit are.

Anyway back to the list.
2 Tactial squads both with meltagun, 1 with MM and one with Missile will cost you a total of 350pts, + your captain with Twin Fists(to make him awsume) at 150pts(I think) takes you to 500pts. Now you add in your Pred or maybe 2 as you can get them both in and there you go.

nice! clean and simple thanks :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
HQ.
Space Marine Captain
Stormbolter
Powerfist
128p
I don't really like PFs on Captain - they're wasting I5 you don't see too often in SM armies.

2x Tactical Squad
Sergeant
Meltagun
195p
This loadout costs 175pts. And there's a free missile launcher you should take. I'd say 2 missile launchers if you don't have Rhinos.

Predator
TL Lascannon
Heavy Bolter

Or
Devestator Squad
4x Missile Luancher
Devastators are 150pts.

Cap + 2xTac + Pred leaves you about 120 points to play with. You may:
1) Take a Dreadnought for some fire support and some CC ability (anti-assault at least).
2) Take Razorback, 2xLC for Captain, PF for one of the Sarges and throw this combat squad into melee.
3) Multipurpose Vindicator.
4) A pair of MM Attack bikes (Tacticals may take heavy bolters in this case).
5) Scouts (either ML+snipers+cloaks or PF+CCW suisiders).
6) Drop Predator and field Devastators + TTLC Razorback + some points to spend, maybe enough to take an attack bike.

Just choose what fits your style.

Btw, if your captain isn't going to do much assaulting (without a good squad to go to CC with) you may just well give him hellfire rounds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really like PFs on Captain - they're wasting I5 you don't see too often in SM armies.

This loadout costs 175pts. And there's a free missile launcher you should take. I'd say 2 missile launchers if you don't have Rhinos.

Devastators are 150pts.

Cap + 2xTac + Pred leaves you about 120 points to play with. You may:
1) Take a Dreadnought for some fire support and some CC ability (anti-assault at least).
2) Take Razorback, 2xLC for Captain, PF for one of the Sarges and throw this combat squad into melee.
3) Multipurpose Vindicator.
4) A pair of MM Attack bikes (Tacticals may take heavy bolters in this case).
5) Scouts (either ML+snipers+cloaks or PF+CCW suisiders).
6) Drop Predator and field Devastators + TTLC Razorback + some points to spend, maybe enough to take an attack bike.

Just choose what fits your style.

Btw, if your captain isn't going to do much assaulting (without a good squad to go to CC with) you may just well give him hellfire rounds.

i would like to field the razorback and a devestator squad instead of an pred.

but would there be enough p for me to make 1 squad cc?

forgot to mention: its not supposed to be totally competitive, its mainly for some fun play

·
Registered
116 Posts
i would like to field the razorback and a devestator squad instead of an pred.

but would there be enough p for me to make 1 squad cc?
Actually, I've meant a CC combat squad (taking 10 tacticals into assault is wasting their chance to shoot heavy gun, IMHO) - PW/PF+SB/TH/2xLC sarge + 4 tacticals with assault weapon + 2xLC Captain (who does most of the killing) + Razorback (because foot-slogging 6-men squad won't live to see combat). And, I think that you'd have enough points to take Devs, 2 plain razorbacks and named upgrades for one of the tac squads. But unlikely to have points to filed "big gun" razorback.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I've meant a CC combat squad (taking 10 tacticals into assault is wasting their chance to shoot heavy gun, IMHO) - PW/PF+SB/TH/2xLC sarge + 4 tacticals with assault weapon + 2xLC Captain (who does most of the killing) + Razorback (because foot-slogging 6-men squad won't live to see combat). And, I think that you'd have enough points to take Devs, 2 plain razorbacks and named upgrades for one of the tac squads. But unlikely to have points to filed "big gun" razorback.
ahh okay, still like the idea of fielding razorbacks, and i would like if i had enough p for a devs squad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i understand that you want me to take a captain with power weapon and storm bolter, but i dont get the rest sorry :scratchhead:

atm im using an SM list calculator and apparentley its full of flaws,
as i took the decesion of making an SM army resently i havent got the codex yet, ive just been looking around some posts thats all, i also dont understand all the abbreviations :blush:

·
Registered
116 Posts
i understand that you want me to take a captain with power weapon and storm bolter, but i dont get the rest sorry :scratchhead:

atm im using an SM list calculator and apparentley its full of flaws,
as i took the decesion of making an SM army resently i havent got the codex yet, ive just been looking around some posts thats all, i also dont understand all the abbreviations :blush:
Sorry, it is my bad, not yours.

CC combat squad = close-combat oriented combat squad (half or your Tactical squad with sergeant and assault weapon (meltagun or flamer))

PW - power weapon
PF - power fist
SB - storm bolter
TH - thunder hammer
2xLC - a pair of lightning claws

PW/PF+SB/TH/2xLC sarge - sergeant of Tactical squad with one of the options:
- power weapon and bolt pistol (extra attack)
- powerfist and storm bolter (powerfist and extra shots)
- thunder hammer (a bit stronger than powerfist)
- pair of lightning claws (extra attack, reroll to wound, no shooting)

2xLC Captain - a captain with a pair of lightning claws (a lot of lightning claws' attacks with Captain's high initiative)

IMHO - in my humble opinion :wink:

Not a commonly used phrases:
- plain Razorback - unupgraded Razorback with twin-linked heavy bolter (TLHB);
- "big gun" razorback - Razorback with upgraded turret (several posts above I've suggested you to take "TTLC Razorback" - it's razorback with twin-linked lascannon turret).

Hope this helps to see through "acronym hell" I've used.

EDIT: since most of it is in the glossary, the post looks like "Captain Obvious to the rescue!" Well, let it be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, it is my bad, not yours.

CC combat squad = close-combat oriented combat squad (half or your Tactical squad with sergeant and assault weapon (meltagun or flamer))

PW - power weapon
PF - power fist
SB - storm bolter
TH - thunder hammer
2xLC - a pair of lightning claws

PW/PF+SB/TH/2xLC sarge - sergeant of Tactical squad with one of the options:
- power weapon and bolt pistol (extra attack)
- powerfist and storm bolter (powerfist and extra shots)
- thunder hammer (a bit stronger than powerfist)
- pair of lightning claws (extra attack, reroll to wound, no shooting)

2xLC Captain - a captain with a pair of lightning claws (a lot of lightning claws' attacks with Captain's high initiative)

IMHO - in my humble opinion :wink:

Not a commonly used phrases:
- plain Razorback - unupgraded Razorback with twin-linked heavy bolter (TLHB);
- "big gun" razorback - Razorback with upgraded turret (several posts above I've suggested you to take "TTLC Razorback" - it's razorback with twin-linked lascannon turret).

Hope this helps to see through "acronym hell" I've used.

EDIT: since most of it is in the glossary, the post looks like "Captain Obvious to the rescue!" Well, let it be.

many thanks :grin:

the IMHO realy was a headscratcher

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
so

Captain = 110p right?
2x LC

4x space marines + 1 sergeant = 80p
flamer powerfist and storm bolter

Tactical Squad 95p