Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the list that I am currently painting( been distracted by a Land Raider though at the minute:biggrin:) and am going to use.

Rune Priest
Terminator armour
Chooser of the slain 135
Combi Melta

10 Grey Hunters
Plasma Gun
Plasma pistol 215
power fist
flamer
MOTW
Rhino Transport

5 Long Fangs
2 las cannons 140
1 missile launcher
1 heavy bolter

5 Grey Hunters 90
flamer
MOTW
Drop Pod

5 Scouts
Melta Gun 100
MOTW

750 total

5 grey hunters to drop down and cause some trouble with the rune priest on the enemies flank and maybe heavy support units, scouts to come from behind(hopefully) and destroy a vehicle or just harass from behind, and the 10 man grey hunters to seize objective with support from the long fangs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah ok good idea, did like the idea of a flamer to get rid of those pesky dug in enemies though! as there is only 5 thought this may make them more effective.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Ok.... There is a lot that needs to be fixed but since your painting it and dead set on going to use it I don't see any point.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no please, all advice welcome. Is it the whole list you dont like or just parts of it?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Elements of everything. It depends though on what type of list you want this to be. Do you want it to be a friendly list or a bone crusher?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Want it to be a pretty effective fighting force, my main opponent is IG, and basically I wanted to create 3 different attack points, ie drop pod, scouts and the head on attack with the guys in the rhino, I know im gonna pretty much be out numbered and outgunned so was hoping to create some confusion in my opponent, If you havent already guessed im pretty new to the hobby and he is'nt!!!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
I am thinking razorspam for this guy. Will put up a sample list when I get home.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
more razorspam, gen? every list I see you giving advice on suggests atleast razorbacks and LFs

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
That's because it's effective at this lvl. My lists go 1000- razorspam, 1500 RP gunline, 2000+ twc cc rushers/ loganwing.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i I guess the RP drops in with the drop pod GH, eh?

The 10 Marine GH squad needs more melta. I’d drop the plasma gun, get two melta guns and the PF.

Switch the 5 man GH squad to have a melta and give the RP the combi-flamer. Better to have a gun you can fire every turn if you’re playing against MCs or mech.

I really don’t see why you need MotW on the Scouts; why not use melta bombs instead?

Lastly drop the Heavy bolter on the LFs. Get another ML if possible.

Good hunting

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
MotW on scouts is worthless, throw some Melta bombs on them instead even if its abit more pricey, its Worth it if you BEL an IG who stupidly puts his tanks at his board edge

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Scouts are shit in general.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i've never used them personally, i can't claim to know they're effectiveness, but if he wants to take them then of course, it's his prerogative.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I've played with them a bunch and have used 5 with melta and melta bombs... they have a good chance of coming in anywhere they want, and you can typically get a shot plus an assault off... but they're a one trick pony... they will break one thing then get shot up.

Not a bad choice, but I prefer a rifleman dread instead. Cheaper and gets to shoot all game (or until sombody shoots it). In such a small points game, the chances of having an opponent castle up on you and give you the opportunity to hit him with the scout sucker punch gets a lot more limited... also, as the guys you play with get familiar with it, they just quit deploying close to the edges.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Just a thought

This is just something I made up on the fly so bare with me.

HQ
RP W/ LL, SC

Troops
5 man GH unit w/ melta, MotW. lasplas

HS
6 man LF unit with 5 ml

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty good advice guys thanks, I will revise the list and post it later when I get 5 min.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
you say scouts are shit, I say scouts are awsome. I played a 4k list with a 5 man scout group on a 6 by 4 against a guard player, my scouts did over 2000 points of his army with melta bombs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts