Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, this is a list I made for a league at my local GW, it beat my beat my brothers high elves :grin:, so it can work, just wanted to hear people's thoughts.

Warlock Engineer
Lvl 2 wizard w/ channeling staff

Chieftain BSB w/ shield

20 clanrats w/ spears, shields, full command
poisoned wind mortar

19 stormvermin w/ shields, full command
(fangleader has warplock pistol), ratling gun

1 Master Moulder, 2 rat ogres (1 is a master-bred)
MM has warplock pistol

748 pts

So what do you think, is this list alright, should I change anything or leave it?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, his dragon princes charged into my rat ogres and killed them all before I could strike back:shok:, but then he decided to overrun to try and get out of the charge arc of my stormvermin and just failed, so i charged him next turn and made him flee:). So I'm thinking of using them to lure out High elf hard-hitting units and take a pounding (and who knows, they might survive), then counter charge with my other units, and with T3, that unit is probably going to die:grin:. Against anyone else, my rat ogres will probably be suicidal shock troops who charge into a big unit to cause as much damage as possible, and hopefully coordinate with the clanrat or stormvermin to get a double charge:grin:.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the list overall, but I think there are a few changes to be made. First of all, why does the MM have a warplock pistol? Seems rather silly since I imagine you're getting tops 1 shot, and with BS 3 (or is it 4?) you aren't likely to kill much.
Also, I think the points spent on the channeling staff could be better elsewhere - you only have 1 wizard, I don't think you'll be needing too many power dice.
I would spend the points upping the size of the clanrats, giving the BSB a little extra defence, or trading the WEngineer for something with better leadership, like a PP.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, for starters, I only have the IoB set (I've been proxiing clanrats as stormvermin) so I have a limited amount of models. I quite like the warlock engineer, he can surprise you (in a skirmish game, he killed 1 reiksguard knight with a scorch spell, which made the other 14 flee off the battlefield, then he finished off the battle wizard). The channeling staff is also useful for getting dispel dice aswell. As for the BSB, he already has a 4+ save, plus a parry save in close combat, and he will be in a unit of stormvermin, so he is already quite survivable. As for the warplock pistol, while it doesn't normally do much, it's just there to supplement the weapon teams (and the Fangleader killed a swordmaster with stand and shoot, and his BS is the same as the MM's, so it can do something).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.