Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Got a game on Thursday with a mate of mine, he beat me last time we played (we just wrote a list in 2 minutes and forgot a lot of the rules...lol). So this time I wanna beat him.

I'm pretty sure he will be taking an upgraded warboss, Nobz with a painboy and cybork bodies, around 30 boyz, dont know how he will squad them though, and deffkoptas. I wrote the below list and would like to get feedback on it :)

HQ
Librarian with gate of infinity and null zone – 100

TROOPS
10-man Tactical Squad with flamer and Missile launcher in rhino – 205
10-man Tactical Squad with flamer and heavy bolter in rhino. Sergeant has Power Sword – 220

HEAVY SUPPORT
Vindicator - 115
Vindicator – 115

Librarian attached to power sword sergeant squad.

Thanks for reading :victory:

·
Registered
324 Posts
actually, considering the opponent, a 2 vindi list with the options you've taken sounds about right to me. just sit back and blast him as much as possible with heavy weapons. his downfall is it sounds like for the point lvl, hes sinking too much into his nob squad. granted they are a tough nut to crack (love my nob unit, who dosent?) but he just dosent seem to have the number of bodies on the field that he should. so if you can peel open his nob squad you should be sitting pretty good.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, considering the opponent, a 2 vindi list with the options you've taken sounds about right to me. just sit back and blast him as much as possible with heavy weapons. his downfall is it sounds like for the point lvl, hes sinking too much into his nob squad. granted they are a tough nut to crack (love my nob unit, who dosent?) but he just dosent seem to have the number of bodies on the field that he should. so if you can peel open his nob squad you should be sitting pretty good.
You don't think I can improve anywhere? If so I guess I should be chuffed :p

I was thinking about swapping the 10 tacticals without the power sword sergeant with a 10-man scout squad with sniper and ML and Telion, potentially making orks go to ground and Telions special rules to boot. This also frees up around 65 points which i could invest somewhere else, like maybe a Predator...What you guys think?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The squad would be...

10-man sniper scout squad with 8 sniper rifles and 1 ML. Includes Telion - 200

5-man sniper scout squad with 3 Sniper Rifles and 1 ML. Includes Telion - 135

I think I won't do the 10-man scout squad as it's too many points, but still debating on the 5-man squad and getting an extra tank or something...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts