Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I haven't played 40k in years (due to a number of issues which I won't go into here). I have a friendly game coming up next week and wondered if those of you with more experience would just have a quick look at my list and give me thoughts.

HQ
Reclusiarch with melta bombs and jump pack

Troops
5 man death company with jump packs, power sword and thunderhammer

10 man tactical squad (split into 5 man combat squads) with melta gun

5 man squad with bolsters

Razorback with twin Lascannon

I should say that I don't have the new codex so am using the current Blood Angels dex.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I tossed this one down quickly, using your models available:

Reclusiarch - JP

5x DC - as above

10 man Assault squad - 2x Flamers

5 man Assault squad - MG, Rhino (assuming you have the Rhino from the Starter Kit as well as a Razorback, though you could easily just pop the top turret off and put the closed hatch on for WYSIWYG purposes)

Same number of marines on the table as you had before, and leaves you 35 points to equip your Sergeants as you see fit. I'd go two Hand Flamers on the JP equipped Sergeant and an Infernus Pistol on the one in the Rhino. To be fair though, I truly dislike Death Company with Jump Packs as they are way too overpriced points-wise. Same goes for the Thunder Hammer in the squad, I love the way it looks but for 30 points...why not two Power Axes? 5x S6 AP2 attacks on the charge per model equipped, even if it's at I1 you're still coming out on top compared to the TH. If it's there to keep them viable against tanks I would say there's better options. A 5 man squad armed with two Axes with a Power Fist Reclusiarch in a Drop Pod or Land Raider (depending on points level) is my favourite way to play that squad. Of course, the more the merrier. My reasoning on the Jump troops over the Tactical marines is pretty much just playing to the BA strength: speed. You have everyone on the table able to move 12" and your Melta Gun can shoot out of the Rhino's hatch which will work out better than spending all those points on a TLLC that you might end up getting too close to the enemy.

As an aside, there is no new Blood Angels Codex. We're still on this one:

The 6th Edition Space Marine Codex has none of the goodies you want, though those Tactical marines would go great with your BA as Imperial Fists. I have had much success with that combination.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply and thanks for the advice. Mondays game(s) will be my first for about 3 years (but that was only a couple of games) before I haven't played in about 15 hence my rustiness.
That is the codex I am working from. I've heard rumours that a new one will be coming in due course

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I've heard rumours that a new one will be coming in due course
With only 4 armies left to update after the imminent SW Codex release I'm sure we'll see it soon. Fingers crossed on the Mephiston becoming a Lord of War slot rumour. That could be fun, since WOW he sucks not flying. Kinda like how Dante isn't quite as awesome with an Axe anymore, and how Tycho is..well...dead in the fluff. It would be nice to get a little shake up on the current way of things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts