-135-

10 gretchin-
1 runtherd-
-40-

hows this look?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I recommend dropping the big choppas off the nobs in exchange for a power klaw. Big choppas actually result in the same number of wounds as choppa/slugga when charging against t4, a negligible increase when not charging, and actually fewer wounds against T3. Throwing a PK in there would help you a lot against things like wraithlords and walkers that laugh off even strength 6. Though in this case you might also consider dropping the orderly for a big choppa. This diversifies your unit more as well, which can be helpful.

Also, you cannot give the painboy any weapon upgrades, as he doesn't qualify as a nob. The +30 points cost is to upgrade an existing nob to a painboy as well, not to add a painboy in. You have 5 models with 5 big choppas, so I thought I'd point that out.

Also, itemized costs are a no-no. Copyright infringement stuff.

Also, the nobs in your boyz mobs need power klaws. It makes a huge difference in terms of vehicle killing power and their ability to hurt MEQs and MCs. The nob's klaw is nearly half the combat ability of the unit.

Other than that the list looks pretty solid. I'd go for lootas over deffkoptas but they aren't terrible. You could swap the deffkoptas for 5 lootas who will be almost as effective and use the saved points to buy your boyz some klaws. Definitely drop the big shootas if you need more points.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
As culler says you need Powerklaws.

Having run a similar list to this myself it's not a bad army, but it is slow. Personally I'd stick a Waaagh! Banner on the Nobz (very useful against Space Marines)

Another thing you might consider is a Mob of Shoota boyz. True their not very accurate, but they will make up for that with the sheer number of shots they have, even if there are only ten of them.

Scrap the Deffkoptas, as they'll die too easily. Use the points for either more Nobz or more boyz.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pretty sure you need to delete the numbers from your list. Itemized costs are bad mojo.

The nobz are not a good investment at that point level not enough of them. It's too easy to drop 2 and have them break. 1 nob with a power klaw and 20 wounds via boyz is about 10x more usefull than a nobz squad with big choppas. IF you were to use nobz outfitting them differently to maximize their survivability is advised.

Possibly the same with the Deffkoptas unless you know they are running a dreadnaught or somesuch that MUST die before your boys get there.

I'd reccomend Lootas for Anti- Armor instead. more reliable than either of the above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the feedback here is my revised list
warboss-
power claw-
attack squig-
cybork body-
bosspole-
-115-
with
5 nobs-
5 cybork bodies-
painboy-
-175-

17 ork boyz-
nob- 10
power klaw-
-137-

18 ork boyz-
power klaw-
nob-
-143-

3 deffcoptas-
3 twin linked rokkit launchas-
-135-

10 gretchin-
1 runtherd-
-40-

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Those boyz mobs need to be twenty strong if only so you can add in a couple of big shootas per mob. Drop the Deffkoptas, make the mobs twenty strong with the big shootas included.

This should leave you enough points for a Big Mek with Kustom Force Field to help shield your more important units.

So here's what you'd have:

Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

warboss-
power claw-
attack squig-
cybork body-
bosspole-
-115-
with
5 nobs-
5 cybork bodies-
painboy-
-175-

20 ork boyz-
2 Big Shootas
nob-
power klaw-
-165-

20 ork boyz-
2 Big Shootas
power klaw-
nob-
-165-

10 gretchin-
1 runtherd-
-40-

·
4,491 Posts
It looks like you are keen to use the Deffkoptas.

If so, then make sure you put them in separate units.
Deffkoptas are a lot more effective in units of 1.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey,
although i don't know your playstyle in my opinion footslogging boy units won't get anywhere in that sort of size and nobz are a complete waste of points for 5 (look at their cost for what you get next to boyz)
this would be a list i would consider, which also takes into account your preferences and previous advice:

Big Mek: kustom forcefield, power klaw and 'eavy armour= 115

30 Boyz: nob; power klaw and bosspole= 220

30 Boyz: nob; power klaw and bosspole= 220

4 Deff Koptas: twin linked rokkit launchas and 1 big bomm= 195

Total= 750

hope this is useful, good luck :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts