Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I nearly completed my Lizardmen, so I thought I would start a new army(I wanted to start a new one for so long), and my choice is Skaven, in the hope they'll explode a lot, otherwise I'll yell at them untill they explode:biggrin:, well here is my list:

Chieftain(AHW, BSB)-72
Warlock Engineer(Lvl1, Warp-Energy Condenser, Doomrocket)-115

24 Clanrats(Chieftain here, FC, Shields, Doom-Flayer)-188
24 Clanrats(Warlock here, FC, Shields, Doom-Flayer)-188

Warp-Lightning Cannon-90
Warp-Lightning Cannon-90

Total:743

I only have two fears here:
1. Being outnumbered, that wouldn't be good especially with such pathetic troops, but I got warmachines to handle enemy infantry.
2. My biggest fear: Opponents shouting chees, because I got 2 warp-lightning cannons, but I love the exploding artillery, I don't want to drop them I love them, I want exploding stuff.

Tell me, is this really too cheesy, because I want to have a fun game.
All criticism is welcome by the way, thanks in advance,

the-graven
(born to explode)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I play Lizardmen. I have lost to a skaven player(s) 3 weeks running. I do not think it is cheesy. I would make it priority to take those things out. Just my opinion. If someone does think it is cheesy, change one to a ratling gun. You could also, ask your opponent if they mind you using them, if they do, change them into something else.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To start with you would not need to yell at your Skaven to make them explode, the Skryre stuff will do that for you :p I haven't yet tried out the Doom-flayer, but I do absolutely love the Plague Wind Mortar, it can kill anything and has a really cool name, the 2 things a true Skaven General looks for in a unit :) I've always loved warp lightning cannons, and now the are just awesome, so definitely a good way to go but not too cheesy. The doom rocket is the most random piece of machinery I have ever seen! Even too random for my Skaven ways, so I don't like it as it's got more chance of doing nothing than it does of actually killing something. Maybe take it in bigger games as the Engineer could get on the flank and let it loose :) As I presume you'll always have the Warp Lightning spell the Condenser is a good idea.

If you're scared of being outnumbered (a rare concept to Skaven) just take more slaves. Your ABS should be hiding at the back of the unit me thinks though, and if he's not there then he should be cowering behind his shield. Also remember that if the unit that he's with flees he dies so get them in 6 ranks so you re-roll Ld9 stubborn :)

Do remember that now 750pt games are very small now, most battles I thought would be at least 1250, but this does mean that it will be unlikely for the enemy to fit in outnumbering you and kill your war machines.

All in all definitely a good list though for a new army :)
You will soon learn the kill-killyness of a Doomwheel :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@nurgle: I want to change the doom-flayer for plague-wind mortart , I love the word PLAGUE, but I was too lazy to actually change that in my list.
About the Doomwheel, I love that thing, but I can't take a doomwheel and warp-lighting cannon in 750 points, that's more then 25%.
About doom-rocket, I love randomness(hence why my 40k orks got a weirdboy and SAG as HQ)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one little question, should I change the doomrocket for Ruby Ring of Ruin, because I think 1 lvl1 mage, who knows only 1 spell is a pathetic magic phase, now I've got 2 spells who deal damage(not much but everything helps), combine that with 2 plague mortars and 2 warp-lighting cannons, and the enemy is dead before he even reaches you, at least if everything doesn't explode(bad thing skaven explode a lot:biggrin:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts