Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the game type is Seize Ground, with 3 objectives. This little shoot out is set for this coming Friday. The Guard army, i know he will have a Basilisk. I would like to know what is the best way to deal with his basilisk? I would like to gain close combat fast and try and keep his guard close to my boys, in doing so he might think twice before he fires his basilisk. Im not set on what im taking to the battle i know for a fact i will have da boyz with a nob-bosspole and PK. I have some time to get a killa kan or deff dread. I think i will go with a Kan. Im thinking about having some boyz follow my Kan for the cover. other then that i plan to stomp :crazy:

oh and he will have Storm Troopers. So he will field for sure Storm Troopers, and Basilisk.
This is a nood thing to ask but its my 3rd battle and i have never had to deal with a Basilisk and its range of fire.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The best way to deal with a Basilisk is to blow it up:laugh:

Anyway, get in close and assault before the Guard get too many shooting phases. If the Basilisk is all has in the way of vehicles then go all infantry with a couple walkers. Basilisks only have rear armor 10 and orks are Strength 4 enough attacks will get sixes that it will get knocked out. Guard are awful in close combat so the assault phase is where you'll shine. The stormtroopers probably won't be a problem, but if they are going to Deep Strike spread your units out a little to keep them from knocking out squads with morale checks.

Good Luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best way to deal with a Basilisk is to blow it up:laugh:

Anyway, get in close and assault before the Guard get too many shooting phases. If the Basilisk is all has in the way of vehicles then go all infantry with a couple walkers. Basilisks only have rear armor 10 and orks are Strength 4 enough attacks will get sixes that it will get knocked out. Guard are awful in close combat so the assault phase is where you'll shine. The stormtroopers probably won't be a problem, but if they are going to Deep Strike spread your units out a little to keep them from knocking out squads with morale checks.

Good Luck
im filling good going in to this. the boys came over and spent the afternoon with me playing this out on my coffee table lol I was really over thinking the basilisk(it will be the 1st thing attacked). I have just enough cash for a Killa Kan so im going to buy one for my waaagh in the AM

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
By 'A Killa Kan' do you mean the old metal one? If so, it's an embuggerance to put together and you get a random weapon with it. The newer, plastic ones, however, well they are truly incomparible. All weapon options, cheaper (than if bought individually) and much, much easier to build An they look cool.

Midnight

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By 'A Killa Kan' do you mean the old metal one? If so, it's an embuggerance to put together and you get a random weapon with it. The newer, plastic ones, however, well they are truly incomparible. All weapon options, cheaper (than if bought individually) and much, much easier to build An they look cool.

Midnight
yes i bought a metal one and it will be the last metal one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not worth a post in the battle report thread lol

Game 1 was a tie. we just went at each other, no one held an objective. the tie was made on turn 5.

Game 2 i won, due to good rolling and luck. My Lootas had some good Dakka Dakka Dakka!!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Argh, Metal Kanz are fail. Plastic Kanz, now they make me wanna start an Ork Mech (Mechanical) Army... Led by SAG Big Meks, Deff Dread and Kan only army... mmmm....

Midnight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts