Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK tell me what you think I dont often see 2 tanks in a 750 point battle so give comments please.

10 man tac squad
10 man tac squad
1 Dakka Predator
1 Dakka Predator
1 unit of snipers 5 strong 1 with heavy bolter
1 rhino
HQ with storm bolter

I advance my 2 tanks straight down the middle sweeping out infantry followed closely behind by a tac squad in rhino to get objective while snipers pick off potential problems,and help tac squad hold objectives.

If I need to upgrade to 1000 points I was thinking an 8 man squad of Dev with 3 LC.

Seems like it should work great right?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Might be a good idea to expand a little, like what some of the squads have, who gets the transport.

At 750 points, I would suggest dropping one of the tactical squads for upgrades across the board. Right now it looks like you have twenty bolters, kind of a waste, and even with the heavy weapons you have ten guys who otherwise are doing next to nothing, at least five of which have to run up the field and none who are all that good if they see themselves stuck in close combat.

Maybe consider getting a powerfist and meltagun in a tactical squad, give it the rhino; hook the scouts up with camo cloaks, and give the captain some sort of close combat weapon like a power weapon or lightning claw.

I'd also very much suggest swapping the loadout of one of your preds to autocannon and lascannon sponsons. Yeah those dakka preds can lay down some heavy fire, but your pretty weak when it comes to big monster or armour killing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about dropping the Rhino and the storm bolter and giving the HQ Termy AR.
Then dropping a Tac squad and giving the snipers cammo cloaks and the other Tac squad a ML and Flamer?
With some points left

1 - 4 of 4 Posts