Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I used to play warhammer 40k like 5 years ago but went off it, now over the summer I wanna restart as I think i'm much more mature (17 now) compared to the little kid I was before.

Anyways enough about that, I got two lists you to evaluate based on models I currently own (except where specified):

Army number one:
HQ
Captain - BoltGun + Relic blade = 130 Points
Not much to say, will join a combat squad.

Troops

Scout squad (5) + Missle launcher + Snipers + Camo clocks = 100

Sit in cover around my objectives and fire off rockets and sniper shots killing incoming scoring units.

Tatical Marines (10) + Flamer + ML + Power fist = 195
Mainly there as the models are already glued but anyways the basic tatics is that it will combat squad up leaving Missle Launcher to defender and go own, sarg will go with flamer.

Tatical Marines (10) + Melta + Lascannon + Power fist = 210
My main tank busters, will ride in rhino and own, good for killing rhinos on onjectives to contest, dunno how effective they will be however.

Transports:

Rhino + Extra Armour = 50
Pretty self explantory, drive up with melta and lascannon inside extra armour not sure about just a point sink really but ensures troops are always moving up.

Razorback + Extra armour = 55 (can be changed I do not own this model yet)
Carry Captain + Flamer combat squad to victory, extra armour not sure about just a point sink really but ensures troops are always moving up.

Total = 745 Points (good place to spend 5 points?)

Thats it for that army, now my second:
Tatical squads as above = 405

Captain - Same as above = 130

Transports:
Same but razorback (or rhino) no extra armour = 90

Dreadnought + Plasma Cannon + Missle Launcher = 125
I hate the drop pod idea on dreads as they seem like a fire magnet and a waste of points, personally long ranger makes more sense and offers much needed anti marines plasma cannon
= 750

So which is better? Or any other suggestions like units to be added (not too much please as I wanna use mostly units I own)

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Both Lists would work fine in a 750pt game imo.

Consider a Stormbolter for the Captain. It is cheap and since you can't dualwield the Relic Blade why not.

I would drop the Rhino and go for a second Razorback for the melta/Lascannon team. You are gonna combat squad them anyway so the extra firepower is nice to have.

Also consider making the dread a Rifleman (ie. Dual TL Autocannon). More consistante firepower. Really great for opening up transports and even shakening/stunning fireplatforms.

that said. I like both lists, but lean a little more towards the second myself. =)
Hope this help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both Lists would work fine in a 750pt game imo.

Consider a Stormbolter for the Captain. It is cheap and since you can't dualwield the Relic Blade why not.

I would drop the Rhino and go for a second Razorback for the melta/Lascannon team. You are gonna combat squad them anyway so the extra firepower is nice to have.

Also consider making the dread a Rifleman (ie. Dual TL Autocannon). More consistante firepower. Really great for opening up transports and even shakening/stunning fireplatforms.

that said. I like both lists, but lean a little more towards the second myself. =)
Hope this help

Good points, I didn't consider storm bolter for some reason (3 points lol), rhino I dunno about yet prob upgrade to razorback thanks for the help =P

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think the dread will do more than the scouts. I would have to favor the second list.

I think a combi melta on your commander would work nice and send him with the first squad.

Both list look good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts