Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts
Heres my advice, i won't post a list since others seem to have that covered.

-Zerkers rule. good choice. You will probably want at least 1 ranged unit though, so either regular CSM or Plague Marines are the way to go. Plagues are better for competative play, but normal CSM might be more practical if you are going to stay under 1000 points due to point cost. Plus everyone and their brother (including me) uses the Zerk/Plague/DP combo, so originality is at a minimum there.

-For every unit of infantry you buy, get a Rhino. Footslogging CSM armies are a recipe for disaster.

-For heavy support, Obliterators and Vindicators are the kings. If you take plague marines you will be limited to the 1 Oblit until a higher point level, so if you REALLY want that Vindi or 2nd Oblit you would be obligated to use normal CSMs.

-Unless you really, really want one, avoid buying Chaos Lords/Sorcerors. They simply do not perform as well as a DP, and if you want a Lord you may as well just get Kharn the Betrayer. He's better in CC with cooler rules. Sorcs have their place, but that place is as a Lash caster in a larger list.

For specific list ideas, check out Svart's Black Legion compendium and/or ROT's Khorne Compendium. Both excellent articles.

· Registered
594 Posts
Gotta agree on the DP being better at low points. They are incredibly hard to kill at lower point levels, and don't have the potential to slaughter your own troops.

Kharn is an awesome manbeast, but if he rolls two 1s to hit you just lost over 10% of your infantry, and not even because of the enemy!

Again, if you REALLLY don't want a DP, and REALLLY want a Lord-equivalent that meshes with Berserkers, i would recommend him because he is hilariously killy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.