Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been playing at the 750pt range for quite some time now at my FLGS and have really fallen in love with this list and how the uthwe theme looks on the table

HQ
Farseer-Doom, RoWarding (95)

Troops
10 Storm Guardians + Warlock, Destructor (127)
Wave Serpent- EML, Chin cannon, SS

10 Guardian Defenders, Scatter laser + Warlock, Embolden (125)

Heavy Support
Night Spinner-HF [Sometimes a Fire Prism- HF] (150)

3 Warwalkers- Shurikun cannons (120)
Total 757pts

Since these are mostly friendly games we have allowed everyone a 1% give or take in the point values so the 7 points over have never been a problem

Ive been able to use this list effectively for a bit now and with more friends and people at the store moving into the 1k range with their first or second armies I am looking forward to competing at the 1000pt level

Now I’m looking for some help adding another 250pts to this list or even changing the original around a bit to better fit the points but any and all help is appreciated

·
I Piss in your Cheerios
7,370 Posts
Personally, I would consider a 190 point investment in Fire Dragons. That is to say:

5 Fire Dragons;
w/ Wave Serpent [TLShuriken Cannons] - 190

After that...well, 60 points doesn't go that far. A Vyper with Scatter laser though, might be an idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally, I would consider a 190 point investment in Fire Dragons. That is to say:

5 Fire Dragons;
w/ Wave Serpent [TLShuriken Cannons] - 190

After that...well, 60 points doesn't go that far. A Vyper with Scatter laser though, might be an idea.
Upgrade weapons on the walkers. 3 eml's sould do it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd also suggest upgrading the war walkers weapons with the extra points, i'd suggest however SL's all round, that'll give you a few points for another upgrade somewhere.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys

I was leaning towards the scatter lasers since with the inclusion of the fire dragons my anti-armor would be covered with the dragons tackling AV 12+ and all the Str6 would handle AV 10-11

1 - 6 of 6 Posts