Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ooh, this one was a tough battle. Originally it was going to be 500pts space marines, 1000 pts Tau and my guard against 3 guys necrons. Until they brought out a Monolith. At the sight of the of this behemoth, the Tau and SM player left the battle, leaving me to face the Necron Horde on my own :shok:. This did earn me the respect of my opponents, but (lets face it) I was screwed.

Army list: Guard
Doctrines
carapace Armour
close order drill
Drop Troops
commissars
Stormtroopers

HQ-169pts
HSO- Power Sword, plasma pistol, Medallion Crimson, surveyor-97pts
Standard- regimental standard-21pts
Vox- Master Vox-25pts
Medic- Medi-Pack- 16pts
Meltagun- Meltagun-10pts

Elites- 150pts
Kasrkin squad (Grenade Launcher, Flamer)-104pts
Vet seargent- Power sword, Honorifica Imperialis- 46pts

Troops-211pts
squad 1- carapace armour, Grenade launcher, Lascannon-108pts
squad 2- carapace armour, Grenade launcher, Autocannon-103pts

Heavy support
Leman Russ (pintle stubber, track guards, smoke launchers, lascannon)- 177pts

Total-707pts

Army List- Necrons

I'm afraid I don't know the unit numbers for his army, but the point total was 2001pts.

Mission
Seek and Destroy, Alpha

The Dice-Off
Yay! I went first!

IG Turn 1

Alrighty then. My movement phase was very short: in fact, it was non existent! Shooting phase began with my lascannon squad into a group of destroyers, killing 1. Next, my leman russ took a crack at the Monolith. The shot was on target, and glances. Then it it was just to see what happens. But whats this? Vehicle Destroyed? No, really? YES:yahoo:! My autocannon squad took a pop at the warriors, sadly, killing 0 (bloody we'll be back rule!).
And that was it from my turn.

Necron Turn 1

Movement phase was simply moving every single thing towards me. His reserve of 5 pariahs arrived :)(). His shooting consisted of his destroyers trying to paste my leman russ. four sixes came up, equaling four glasing hits. The results were as followed: armament destroyed (Lascannon) Immobilized (saved by the track guards), immobilized (sadly not saved by the track guards) and armament destroyed (HB). His weapon destroyed results were confusing, as most people would take out the pie plate launcher. But his idea was probably to thin out the shots (meh).

IG Turn 2

That Destroyer shooting really hurt. Big time. But my Russ was coming back with a vengeance. I hoped. My movement phase was as short as last times. And I prepared to fire. But a SM player had seen my plight and like true Space Marines they came to my aid. Hell, it was only a tac squad in a rhino, but hey, it's reinforcements. The SMs advanced into rapid fire range with some scarabs. The squad blattered away, whipping out 2 swarms of 12 (he had a helluva lot of scarabs!). Then my meaty battle cannon fired into a bunched up squad of warriors. The template covered the entire 30 man squad :shok:, wounded them all, and Blam! 30 warriors gone :so_happy:. It's just one amazing turn after another!

Necron Turn 2

That 30 man loss really hurt him big time. This time, he was back with a vengeance. The movement phase, was as per usual, every thing moved, but this time into assault range for the SMs. The destroyers, the remaining 30 man squad opened up on the Leman Russ and the rhino. All you need to know, is that they were turned into molten slag :(. This was it. It was practically it for us. It was all over. The assault phase consisted of scarabs and SMs battling. The space marines took out a grand total nothing, but one marine fell to the dirt. The marines stood steadfast, and were locked in combat.
And with that last dice roll, the game ended.

Summary]

What can we say? we don't get a lot done in 2 hours.

To total up who won, we put together the points we lost. At club, they are colloquially known as "Defeat points."

Guard DP-282pts

Leman Russ- 177pts
Rhino- 90pts
Space Marine-15pts

Necron DP- 570 pts

30 man necron squad- 500pts
Monolith- 240pts
2 scarab swarms- 30 pts

It's a clear win for me! I still feel a bit betrayed about being left by the Tau and SM player at the beginning of the game. But I (well, me and another SM player) won! Against god know how many necrons! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Very well done.... Get your local Inquisitor to declare exterminatus against those heretical SMs and the Tau for their cowardice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Very well done.... Get your local Inquisitor to declare exterminatus against those heretical SMs and the Tau for their cowardice.
Inquisitor declare exterminatus on Tau? Isn't there already one on them ;)

Good game btw, Leman Russ taking 30 Nec Warriors in one shot must've hurt him badly

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could see the colour drain out of his face when I took out the 30 nec warriors, and even more so when the monolith went boom :victory:.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I never bother with Monoliths :so_happy: I focus on the infantry or the destroyers.... Take them out and he'll have to Phase Out :biggrin: They hate that rule :laugh:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well what can I say? It just goes to show that even the lowliest unit of guards or just your average leman russ can make a difference. Congratulations.

·
Banned
677 Posts
Nice report. It's good to see the little forces stand up to the big boys. Nice move on the 30-man murder shot. Thats the most I've ever heard about in my 10+ years of playing 40k.
One for the record books!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I very ashamed of the Tau and SMs! What a bunch of wusses. One little Monolith and they scurry away like a pack of Snotlings!

·
Registered
396 Posts
maybe it was 2 squads of 15? extemely ashamed of Tau, a monolith at no chance againt a railgun anyway.

-Olek.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"wait, wait, wait...Necrons can get 30 man warrior squads? I'm looking at the codex right now and it says 20 is the limit."

20 is the limit.

Also generally, he shouldn't have been able to bring in the reserved Pariahs on his first turn. But not sure about it in a 2 turn game.

But as both a Necron player and a fledgling IG player I liked the outcome. Give me hope that my boys have a chance in their paper thin armour.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Also generally, he shouldn't have been able to bring in the reserved Pariahs on his first turn. But not sure about it in a 2 turn game.

i thought that pariahs couldnt be teleported, and therefor ould be in reserve?
id check, but iv misplaced my Codex:(

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i thought that pariahs couldnt be teleported, and therefor ould be in reserve?
id check, but iv misplaced my Codex:(
Pariahs are not Necron so they cannot be teleported. If they are in reserve they come on from the table edge even if there is a Monolith.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts