Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend and I sat down to play a game with my new Eldar (and some borrowed warp spiders). He set up his witch hunters force (like the novice that he is ;) ) and we began. First turn my guardians marched down the middle and my scatter laser killed almost the entire retinue for the Inquisitor lord. then the falcon killed a 'dominator'. (shows you how carefully he reads his codex). he moved everything up at me and managed to kill 4 guardians with his entire forces firing (i had a warlock with conceal and had given the squad fortune from my farseer that had joined he group.) they had about 15 saves to make and made all but 4! thats a very good job done.

next turn the spiders shot his dominion squad and then charged killing all but 4 and catching them in a sweeping advance. my guardians killed the gun servitor and did nothing to the inquisitor. The falcon finished off the Inquisitor and that was it. Next he moved his celestians and sister squad and killed all but 1 spider through their fire. He then did nothing tp the guardians (who had gotten the fortunate spell again) and the, seeing that the Witches were getting the best of him, resigned. :)

Conclusion:
Speed is everything for my eldar. I performed a true honest-to-god flank with the spiders going up hte side and the flacon and guardians holding the lines! YAY GO ELDAR!

My 700 point Anti-Witch army list (basicly all i have minus 2 warlocks and 5 guardians) We played with only 1 troop and 1 HQ compulsory

Farseer
Runes of Warding
Runes of Witnessing
Spirit Stones
Eldrich Storm
Fortune
Mind War

5 Warp Spiders
Exarch
Additional death spinner
Power Claws
Withdraw

13 Guardians
scatter laser
warlock
singing spear
conceal

Falcon
bright lance
vectored engines
holo-field
spirit stones

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Sei 'fir said:
maybe its me (dont really know the codex) but theres only one trop choice there isn't there
I believe you are correct

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i do only have 1 troop. we were playing 1 troop and 1 HQ minimum. I only have 1 troop and he has 2 but then he couldnt get a dominion squad or something like that. It made the game much more enjoyable for the both of us.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't understand why your Falcon has a BL on it and not a Defensive weapon (that can shoot every turn) such as a Scatterlaser, Starcannon, or Shuriken Cannon.

Why does your Farseer have so many upgrades... he is a serious Points Sink that most enemies would focus a lot of resources into and gain the VP's

Good configurations on the Guardians and Spiders.... and Congrats on the win... the Game would have lasted longer and been a bit more fun if you both took 2 Troops... I do suggest you fork out the ca$h and get another Troops choice soon.

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
I am curious what your oppontent's list looked like, sounds like he didn't have a lot of stuff...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
The Sisters really do need ot keep their numbers up in order to do well in a game. If using too many elite/fast attack units, then it's a pretty simple challenge to take them completely out of the game.

And yeah, Eldar do rock against Sisters, as the Sisters must get close to do any real damage, and the Eldar do their best fighting just out of the Sisters' range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts