Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

821 - 840 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Foot lists have well more than a fighting chance contrary to the opinion of the intertubes. Templars, deathwing, loganwing, footdar, the list goes on. Dont be fooled by internet idiots
Infantry are fine as they are now. Plenty of tournies are won with infantry lists. It's just the loudest minority gets heard on the internet who cry about not being able to take out a few rhinos.
Very true, with deepstrikes and DWA I've never really felt like I needed vehicles, beyond having reliable tank killing weapons beyond a couple Cyclones up front or assaults if I land close enough. I can see some good in this idea though. I've had pairs of Predators shooting each other for entire games killing nothing before. Have to see how this is written though.

Also the rulebook art looks meh
Yes indeed it does look awesome.

Actually it sort of reminds me of 3rd ed. Not entirely sure. Also doesn't look to terrible to me, though I guess with the covers as of late maybe this just seems like an improvement to me.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #822 ·
Actually it sort of reminds me of 3rd ed. Not entirely sure. Also doesn't look to terrible to me, though I guess with the covers as of late maybe this just seems like an improvement to me.
Huh...now that you mention it, it does kind of seem like a throwback to the older editions. I like that since it gives you a bigger feeling of something epic than the lone hammer.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had a random thought today:

If, in 6th edition, power weapons grant a 5++ in close combat, did regular Grey Knights just get even better?

i.e., The Nemesis sword increases the invulnerable save by 1 in close combaat. And power weapons grant a 5+ invulnerable, therefor does every Grey Knight now have a 4++ in CC?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #824 ·

If, in 6th edition, power weapons grant a 5++ in close combat, did regular Grey Knights just get even better?

i.e., The Nemesis sword increases the invulnerable save by 1 in close combaat. And power weapons grant a 5+ invulnerable, therefor does every Grey Knight now have a 4++ in CC?
We'll have to wait to see how that works. It might be a fixed parry save sort of deal.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Huh...now that you mention it, it does kind of seem like a throwback to the older editions. I like that since it gives you a bigger feeling of something epic than the lone hammer.
Well the advantage of the hammer was that it seemed to very obviously be the rulebook, or at least not a codex as it's image was more iconic than scenic. Though I still think I like this one more.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
an invuln save for power weapons would make them more on par wiht the power fist. right now the fist is the better option usually. unless of course the fist gets the save too.

·
Registered
9 Posts

It's no more likely than power fists (and anything else that is treated as a power weapon with extra rules) getting it.

It sounds like only power weapons will be gaining the 5++ save. Since close combat weapons are gaining AP values, it seems very unlikely that any weapon in the rulebook will continue to "count as" or be "treated like" a power weapon, as they'd all be able to have their own individual statline.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Take two Warbosses, Two Nob Mobs as Troops with Battlewagon Dedicated Transports, 3 units of Nobs with Battlewagon Dedicated Transports from the Elite Section and 3 Battlewagons from the Heavy Section. That's 8.
Derp, i'm an idiot, i thought only 1 nob mob could do it

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
What i was told was that force weapons =/= power weapons, they will have their own entry

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
About the only thing I can think of that has a limit like that are the 'Ard Boyz, maybe you were thinking of them?
Nope, i'm just a fucking idiot

·
Registered
659 Posts
What i was told was that force weapons =/= power weapons, they will have their own entry
Force weapons might get AP2 and a 4++ save? Of course, that would be "upped" to a 3++ on the Nemesis Force Sword. I can't see why my purifiers would be unfair, with their halberd making them Ini 6 with a 3+/4++ save? :p

All in all, it'll be fun to play a "whole new game"!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well they're currently under the Psyker entry because of the test and all, wouldn't imagine they would depart from that too much, maybe list it with the other weapons.

Nope, i'm just a fucking idiot
Well the first step on the road to recovery...is smashing your head into a brick wall, you can barrow my wall.:so_happy:

Curious about close combat weapons getting an AP though...sort of makes sense that I could cut through an Ork with a chainsaw like it was butter but the term CCW is generic as far as I know...unless it was something like a number minus strength or something.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
It also makes sense of the Sisters list, where the Sister Superiors all have the option to purchase chainswords.

Just lends weight to my emphasis on everything from GKs onwards being written with the 6th rules more or less finalised.

I'd expect several more strange things to suddenly become much clearer and better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So up thread there was a little bit of a spreadhsheet posted that had an entry for "Cut and past facebook status" as part of the build up from nowish.... I'm thinking we are seeing these now...

Bury Store on Facebook said:
+++++++ incoming message +++++++
++ Planet Designation M41:137:39 ++
+++++++ Mission Directive +++++++
+++ Secure Planetary Resources +++
++++++++ Incoming Xenos +++++++
So:

1) Is buryjust making stuff up?
2) If not, are all stores posting the same things?
3) If not, is someone keeping track of them all to collate?
4) Do we know which planet that is?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Apparently Dark angels are 'getting something very exciting for 2-3 months time'. So, 23rd June is when preorders go live and 30th is when you get them dispatched.

All very interesting, I love reading rule books just for fun.

·
Registered
212 Posts
When you look close at the picture you can identify the last two words as "only war". Since GW prints "in the grim darkness of the far future blablabla" only on the rulebook and not on Codices, I'm pretty sure that it is the rulebook cover.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm not a fan of the supposed Power Weapon change, for reasons already mentioned. Termies, Meganobs and Pallys will become even harder to kill in CC. Granted, my army doesn't deal too much with CC, and having my Overlords withstand power attacks would be nice, but has a whole, its just a bad idea. I also hope that this 5++ is only used in CC.

821 - 840 of 841 Posts