Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

781 - 800 of 841 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
Ugh, only have a pair of Rhinos that are usually configured as tanks. Not really interested in more until they upgrade DA though...not that DA troops have to hoof it otherwise.

Transmission looks interesting, is it possible plot is happening in 40k? Insanity!
Might be the rumored increased threat of Chaos.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Plus, until newer edition codices come out, the psychic power cards will be a pile of useless crap - as Codex>Rulebook in these scenarios (unless you want to gimp units such as Psyker Battle Squads). Plus, i think it would remove the distinctions between the psykers of the respective races to an extent and the whole "lores" thing doesn't really suit a sci-fi universe.
Depends what is on the cards. We don't know this yet, or how they will work.
This is a massive change that primarily impacts on Xenos, as usual, just not Nids in a negative way. Marines are more capable of surviving a turn in the open than anything that isn't T4 with a 3+, and it massively neuters Fast Skimmers, if they follow the same movement rules, as they will no longer be able to claim objectives going last, as you cannot move Flat Out and Disembark.
And maybe that's *why* it's changed? Nothing pisses me off more than fighting DE and having them have a couple of tanks sit back out of range until the last turn then just zip in. Forcing them to take at least one turn in the open adds something more tactical in...

A counter to that might be a mission where the game ends once all objectives are claimed?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
My Orks have multiple Rhino's :mrgreen:

That 'Transmission' looks to be dated the approximate time till the one of the rumoured release dates, 23rd. Maybe just a silly count down method. And the 'Hope Is Lost' may hint at Chaos but then that sounds like its a tragic turn for everyone as it suggests that the imperium is going to start losing :dunno:

Alice

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
And the 'Hope Is Lost' may hint at Chaos but then that sounds like its a tragic turn for everyone as it suggests that the imperium is going to start losing :dunno:

Alice
The Imperium has pretty much been losing since the Great Crusade went tits up, its not really a change, more of a clarification.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
The Imperium isn't lost because one system falls. However, it adds something new to have a force *take* Terra, and hold the Emperor to ransom :wink:

There were arms of the Inquisition that wanted the Throne to be turned off so the Emperor could properly ascend. Maybe they are taking a step towards that?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
ooooo! And so begins the conspiracy theories and 'Star Child' thingymabobs i noticed a while back :laugh:

In my opinion it would be a good idea to advance the Story Line, even a little. It would take some of the stagnation out of the game.

Alice

·
Registered
279 Posts
I for one will welcome the psyker power cards. I can see lores as in the fluff every race can shoot lightning out of something, every race can boil brains ect. Why is it my psyker battle squad can only make some one shit in pants or flatten them with force, why cant they combine to cause deep striking units come in perfectly on target, or to atleast counter an enemy psyker.

I hope to god we get some story progression, honestly WH40k can cover 40000-49999 in my book.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
So, here is something i heard from a little birdy, which i won't name, feel free to burn me at the stake or whatever

Hull points don’t work as rumoured: they are only for front armour 14 vehicles and work like a structure point or a “wound” which can be used to negate any result, even wrecked or explodes. not sure if this is a once per game thing, i suspect so. but no more one shotting land raiders and monoliths with meltaguns

and pens give +1 to all subsequent damage rolls in that shooting phase, so essentially after a pen all weapons shooting a vehicle become AP1

rapid fire: double tap up to 24” if stationary. 1 shot at 24 or 2 shots at 12 if moving. Relentless gives and extra shot at each range if stationary as well as the standard bonus.

power weapons are ap3 but give a 5++ parry save in combat

Stunned results stack to weapon destroyed, extra armour negates 1 stun per turn, not sure on shaken

Strength vs toughness chart changed to be like fantasy, so everything can be wounded on a 6.

there's going to be a bunch of FAQ/erratas when it drops for all codices

vehicles being hit in combat is auto if stationary, 3+ is going 6", 5+ if going 12", 6+ if going flat out

though, vehicles going flat out can only be hit on a max of 4+ with shooting, fliers hit on 6+

Damage results stack so shaken -> stun -> weapon -> immob -> wreck

Preferred enemy gives re-rolls to hit with shooting and in combat, but not the re-rolling of 1s to wound
Just something to fill the rumour mill more, i think this is reliable but take with some NaCl

·
Registered
279 Posts
More to think about, I really hope they don't touch power weapons, and this is honestly what I think, but if PW are ap 3 then Meganobs will become gods, fucking monsters in all walks of life, No thank you, please do not make it so I cannot take my nobs with out being called the cheese master!

·
Registered
211 Posts
More to think about, I really hope they don't touch power weapons, and this is honestly what I think, but if PW are ap 3 then Meganobs will become gods, fucking monsters in all walks of life, No thank you, please do not make it so I cannot take my nobs with out being called the cheese master!
What about terminators then? Not even wielding power weapons give you a chance, and this also, incidentally, means that they won't be able to take each other out unless they spend more points on stronger (and I1) weapons.

Oh hey guess who gets screwed up beyond all hell with a change like this? Hell yes, chaos terminators! The ones who don't even have storm shields and will therefore suck against the way cheaper and more speshul loyalist terminators!

... Good thing their codex is next.

Oh, and the benefit of giving a power weapon to a SoB is lower than giving one to a SM. I mean, even lower than before. At the same cost. Heck, even IG sergeants get more punch out of a power weapon than a SoB with this rule, and it's cheaper to them, too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
What about terminators then? Not even wielding power weapons give you a chance, and this also, incidentally, means that they won't be able to take each other out unless they spend more points on stronger (and I1) weapons.

Oh hey guess who gets screwed up beyond all hell with a change like this? Hell yes, chaos terminators! The ones who don't even have storm shields and will therefore suck against the way cheaper and more speshul loyalist terminators!

... Good thing their codex is next.

Oh, and the benefit of giving a power weapon to a SoB is lower than giving one to a SM. I mean, even lower than before. At the same cost. Heck, even IG sergeants get more punch out of a power weapon than a SoB with this rule, and it's cheaper to them, too.
well Meganobs get 2+/5++, All have two wounds, furrious charge, you always put them in a truck or wagon so them being slow is no longer an issue, and on top of that you can give them a pain boy for FNP and you can do war gear sillyness for wound allocation bullcrap. So if you make power weapons AP 3 then you allow the 2+ armor save, Humans, Tau and eldar will need 5s to even wound, and then go a head and throw in the silly wound allocation combined with atleast getting hit with s7/6 big choppas or the powerklaw, how exactly are you going to kill them off? And you know damn well people will take KFF to protect the transport they are in, ya, good luck killing them off. Terminators dont really come close under this supposed system because now the orks not only have wounds and FNP on them, they also have strength mod weapons that are not effected by the change in power weapons.

All I am saying is that the Orks get a real boost out of this would be change where as anyone who gets power armor takes it in the rear. Not really something I would feel good about taking advantage of...not to say I wouldn't I mean hey, we all like to win right, but I would so have to take a shower after, it would just feel dirty to me.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
well Meganobs get 2+/5++, All have two wounds, furrious charge, you always put them in a truck or wagon so them being slow is no longer an issue, and on top of that you can give them a pain boy for FNP and you can do war gear sillyness for wound allocation bullcrap. So if you make power weapons AP 3 then you allow the 2+ armor save, Humans, Tau and eldar will need 5s to even wound, and then go a head and throw in the silly wound allocation combined with atleast getting hit with s7/6 big choppas or the powerklaw, how exactly are you going to kill them off? And you know damn well people will take KFF to protect the transport they are in, ya, good luck killing them off. Terminators dont really come close under this supposed system because now the orks not only have wounds and FNP on them, they also have strength mod weapons that are not effected by the change in power weapons.

All I am saying is that the Orks get a real boost out of this would be change where as anyone who gets power armor takes it in the rear. Not really something I would feel good about taking advantage of...not to say I wouldn't I mean hey, we all like to win right, but I would so have to take a shower after, it would just feel dirty to me.
1. They dont have an invul save, so one power fist kills them
2. Wound allocation will be changing
3. Marines need a nerf
4. AFAIK meganobz can get a painboy
5. Tau and eldar currently still need 5s to wound them, so it doesnt change at all

and orks get nerfed by the cover and armour values on close combat weapons

Not that big a deal, i'm more worried about paladins under this system

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #794
I have a strong feeling that at this point the rumors we're seeing are coming from the .pdf edition, are from different versions of the rules as things evolved and changed, or are conflicting due to misinformation. Needless to say I'm not even trying to figure out which are the "correct" rumors.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
I have a strong feeling that at this point the rumors we're seeing are coming from the .pdf edition, are from different versions of the rules as things evolved and changed, or are conflicting due to misinformation. Needless to say I'm not even trying to figure out which are the "correct" rumors.
I am fairly confident in my source

·
Registered
279 Posts
1. They dont have an invul save, so one power fist kills them
2. Wound allocation will be changing
3. Marines need a nerf
4. AFAIK meganobz can get a painboy
5. Tau and eldar currently still need 5s to wound them, so it doesnt change at all

and orks get nerfed by the cover and armour values on close combat weapons

Not that big a deal, i'm more worried about paladins under this system
Cybork gives the invol save, for 5ppm its real cheap for what it is.

Even if wound allocation changes from what it is to nearest to farthest and all that, I doubt that the current exploit with wargear can be changed

Marines do not need a nerf at all. If you cant beat marines you are at fault for real, they dont ever have numbers, and every army that is not MEQ has ether CC weight of numbers or shooting weight of numbers. Marines just plain dont.

Hero pain boy dont have the codex with me, but we have one

I really cannot see a coversave in CC but if there is, we have a KFF for that, and as for AV on CCW, the only real power weapon we have is the power klaw, so we are used to other 6+ guys getting armor saves against us, it happens. So what we have here is a situation where some armies will just not be effected in any real way, where others will take a hit, so who really wins here? I stand by what I said.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Cybork gives the invol save, for 5ppm its real cheap for what it is.

Even if wound allocation changes from what it is to nearest to farthest and all that, I doubt that the current exploit with wargear can be changed

Marines do not need a nerf at all. If you cant beat marines you are at fault for real, they dont ever have numbers, and every army that is not MEQ has ether CC weight of numbers or shooting weight of numbers. Marines just plain dont.

Hero pain boy dont have the codex with me, but we have one

I really cannot see a coversave in CC but if there is, we have a KFF for that, and as for AV on CCW, the only real power weapon we have is the power klaw, so we are used to other 6+ guys getting armor saves against us, it happens. So what we have here is a situation where some armies will just not be effected in any real way, where others will take a hit, so who really wins here? I stand by what I said.
Right, well unless you are taking Mad Cock Grotsnik, meganobz can have neither feel no pain nor cybork bodies.

I can beat marines just fine, i play marines, but they are still too good and all rules benefit them (largely anyway). Marines can take plenty of numbers as well, like 60 in a fairly standard army

Cover saves in CC would be retarded and makes no sense

Orks will no longer get their tee-shirt saves in combat, which means every wound is a guaranteed dead ork, coupled with 5+ cover being standard now instead of 4+, they will die a lot faster

Who wins again with the rumoured 6th ed rules? Marines, specifically termies, and more specifically GK.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Who wins again with the rumoured 6th ed rules? Marines, specifically termies, and more specifically GK.
Structure points for 14 AV units sounds sort of good, things are expensive enough as is and while the rapid fire change sort of seems to invalidate the Stormbolter I guess +5 pts for a version you can assault with isn't bad for balance either.

AP3 would still kill Marines and most basic infantry so in a way the change isn't that different. Although the +2 units become very scary at that point but in a way Terminators are supposed to be... still that suggests that you'll need something equal to go toe-to-toe with them, sending Banshees after them would now be suicidal.

They'd have to change MC's though too somehow because a Wraithlord is next to useless when it can never roll on anything able to wound it (practically) anyway, if MC attacks were still power weapons they wouldn't even be heavy hitters anymore period. I don't mind +2 units becoming immune to power weapons necessarily but that would mean you would really want them to fight others I can't think of many options Eldar would have for one to even do that, they're melee centric units would be mediocre against that.

I could see this work depending how it all fit's together, though as is it makes me really want to keep +2 units at range. Which might not be bad for the game.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Structure points for 14 AV units sounds sort of good, things are expensive enough as is and while the rapid fire change sort of seems to invalidate the Stormbolter I guess +5 pts for a version you can assault with isn't bad for balance either.

AP3 would still kill Marines and most basic infantry so in a way the change isn't that different. Although the +2 units become very scary at that point but in a way Terminators are supposed to be... still that suggests that you'll need something equal to go toe-to-toe with them, sending Banshees after them would now be suicidal.

They'd have to change MC's though too somehow because a Wraithlord is next to useless when it can never roll on anything able to wound it (practically) anyway, if MC attacks were still power weapons they wouldn't even be heavy hitters anymore period. I don't mind +2 units becoming immune to power weapons necessarily but that would mean you would really want them to fight others I can't think of many options Eldar would have for one to even do that, they're melee centric units would be mediocre against that.

I could see this work depending how it all fit's together, though as is it makes me really want to keep +2 units at range. Which might not be bad for the game.
except terminators can deep strike, that and put them in a beefed up land raider and they become death, the destroyer of worlds.

781 - 800 of 841 Posts