Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm glad everyone's reaction to this is similar to mine. All of this seems mighty suspicious. And didn't the Ultramarines have a presence on the Damocles Gulf Crusade? Suddenly they change their minds? :p

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well, I still like 2nd edition ... it actually was quite amusing when you left out special (overpowered) characters and the stupid random missions. We only used to play self-made campaigns, quite similar to today's planetary empires. Not sure a backwards twist would 40k any good though ... don't get me wrong, I really like the current edition, but it has several flaws and stupid rules tbh. ... but all the way back ?

As for the so-called 'fluff' changes mentioned on page one of this thread ... they just made me violently regurgitate my Sunday morning coffee. Let's just hope they're all complete bullshit ...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
*Sighs* Do I really have to say this again?

"Everything from BoK and Tasteytaste is complete and utter rubbish. He has a ZERO percent accuracy record."

Again, as I've said before, THE only times he's gotten anything right are when he has copied known reliable sources. Everything unique to him, like this, has been 100% pure bullshit.

Blood of Kittens and Tasteytaste have zero credability, zero reliability and therefore should be paid zero attention.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just conjecturing here but perhaps the alliance thing has merit, not in the obvious way like BoK says but a sort of order vs chaos way that they do in fantasy. Sort of like imperium, tau and eldar versus chaos orks and dark eldar, after all they really need a massive fluff overhaul, there's only so much more they can do in the current millennium perhaps its time to change to warhammer 41000

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just conjecturing here but perhaps the alliance thing has merit, not in the obvious way like BoK says but a sort of order vs chaos way that they do in fantasy. Sort of like imperium, tau and eldar versus chaos orks and dark eldar, after all they really need a massive fluff overhaul, there's only so much more they can do in the current millennium perhaps its time to change to warhammer 41000
Nothing that involves stripping the 40k background down into "Goodies vs Baddies" has any merit whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
These changes turn 40k into Fantasy with regards to rules. Random Charges, Random Psychics, Random Terrain...

So that's a big "bullshit" I'm calling.

Couldn't give a crap about the fluff, but there is no way THE EMPEROR is going to die fighting Gork and Mork. No fucking way. Even Matt Ward isn't retarded enough to write that.

Big pile of bollocks, really.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
*Sighs* Do I really have to say this again?

"Everything from BoK and Tasteytaste is complete and utter rubbish. He has a ZERO percent accuracy record."

Again, as I've said before, THE only times he's gotten anything right are when he has copied known reliable sources. Everything unique to him, like this, has been 100% pure bullshit.

Blood of Kittens and Tasteytaste have zero credability, zero reliability and therefore should be paid zero attention.
Unfortuntately his loud crowing of information that he's gotten elsewhere has apparently lead to his rumors being repeated and places like BoLS and Faeit212 (and likely others) as he's seen as reputable. I shared it because I wasn't aware of his parroting (as I'm sure others weren't) which leads me to think that a lot of people aren't aware of this.

Either way the rumors weren't all bad sounding, even if the rest were bollocks. Being able to choose powers right before deployment would have been a good way for psykers to get more mileage in tournaments. Either way with the prediction of July being the release of 6th edition it shouldn't be too much longer for us to wait to see what we're really getting.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Makes me wonder how many people actually bother to read rumors properly, or even do a little research to check them out.... Afterall, It took me all of 5 minutes when he first started comming out with stuff, back with Grey Knights, to see that he'd copied everything he'd said from other... and as for his 'big exclusive reveals'... everything about them was wrong.

Its a pattern thats repeated over and over... He claims a bunch of exclusive 'wow look at me!' type rumors like this... then people give him credit as he sticks in a bunch of stuff from know reliable guys that he's reworded a little to give his bullshit some credit.... then call him reliable for being a parrot.

Yes i know its the internet, and you'll always get idiots etc on it... but it just pisses me off that a guy with no credability gets so much praise when its soo easy to sow how he's been wrong time and time again.

edit: To make a point. His '2012 release schedual' rumors he claimed were 100% accurate back in January... he said we'd have Dark Angels in April and Chaos in May.... he made no mention of a Necron second wave which everyone else had ppointed out as far back as November.

I'll also point out he knows crap about teh game or the hobby... In his articles he's posted he's called the new paints total crap for not having the old colours, when as everyone knows, they're much better then the old ones... and he's called necron scarabs 'usless as they're a swarm', when every necron list has a full block of them as they're an auto-include...

Edit 2: I'll also point out his 100% accurate Necron rumors included the 'Necromancer' which doesn't exist... Wave 1 Wraiths and Spiders, a '100% confirmed SC 'The Enfleshed' who will make flayed ones troops', C'tann shards being done away with completely, Pariahs still being in, and 'Wraith Lord' character thats 100% confirmed.

Anyone see any of those things anywhere?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Edit 2: I'll also point out his 100% accurate Necron rumors included the 'Necromancer' which doesn't exist... Wave 1 Wraiths and Spiders, a '100% confirmed SC 'The Enfleshed' who will make flayed ones troops', C'tann shards being done away with completely, Pariahs still being in, and 'Wraith Lord' character thats 100% confirmed.

Anyone see any of those things anywhere?
You need to calm down somewhat, because you're looking a bit silly and not making a very credible point. I went back to check where this necromancer & co crap came from, and it's not actually from BoK :)

Here's the relevant article.

He says "Or follow the thread over on Heresy-Online here for any updates" and there's where the Necromancer is from, along with the rest of the silly things that never came to pass (which are originally from Warseer and in particular ghost; who recently got ousted from the forums for inventing fake rumors). He didn't endorse them, he didn't write them, he never said these were true. He said "hey these guys have a huge rumor compilation, go look at it".

So yeah, you've already made your feeling pretty clear multiple times. Let people read what they want to read and discuss what they want to discuss.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
The Allies thing may be because Apocalypse is getting folded into the core rulebook similar to the "Legendary Battles" (?) rules in the WHFB book. I could see that since a lot of their recent Apoc stuff has had "safe for regular 40K games" labels in it.

I could see a lot of this being semi-true but it's been filtered through so many people it's unrecognizable as what's actually in the rules. I'm speaking of the rules parts, the fluff part is utter rubbish that some 8 year-old made up.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
You need to calm down somewhat, because you're looking a bit silly and not making a very credible point. I went back to check where this necromancer & co crap came from, and it's not actually from BoK :)

Here's the relevant article.
Which, if you'll read... The compilation sites BoK as its source... as noted further down with his 'previous necron rumors' links that all link back to his own site.

Also, the first big rumor on that link if you'll note is his 'The entire army gets a shooting attack that kills all units that are the same as the one attacked' rumor... which was wrong.... when other were already acrediting that to Trayzn's Close Combat Empathic Oblitarator.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Which, if you'll read... The compilation sites BoK as its source... as noted further down with his 'previous necron rumors' links that all link back to his own site.

Also, the first big rumor on that link if you'll note is his 'The entire army gets a shooting attack that kills all units that are the same as the one attacked' rumor... which was wrong.... when other were already acrediting that to Trayzn's Close Combat Empathic Oblitarator.
The compilation here at heresy had rumors from a large number of sources, all jumbled up together. I guess we can attribute them to Harry too then and call him a liar?

And right under that first explanations there's a second one that's more sensible. He's giving two explanations but you only cared to cite the first one. And he never said the entire army gets a shooting attack with that effect.

The article is right there and you can't even be arsed to read it right, or you're just half-quoting on purpose. Every time I look one one of these so-called errors on his part I see the opposite.

C'tan shards are out? He said, when criticizing the compilation here:

The C’Tan aren’t out of the codex and Immortals aren’t troops because of a Lord… they just are.
This is hopeless. I'm filing everything you say as mostly incoherent ravings :laugh:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
As I pointed out... the rumors I mentioned as being wrong ORGIONATED with BoK.

Yakfaces correct interpritation is edited in at a later date, and completely different to the 'accurate' rumor as given by BoK.

Also, I point out many times, BoK has copied his correct rumors from Harry, days after Harry has already posted them.

Seriously, if your gonna critises someone, learn to read. I'm just pointing out in one instance with the Necrons as an example how BoK has taken credit for others work, and how everything he's started himself as being true and correct has been wrong.

Your 'C'tan aren't out of the codex' Comes weeks after his inital 'they're gone completely claim', and days after reliable people have already pointed out they work now as their new shard forms.

·
I Piss in your Cheerios
7,370 Posts
Either way the rumors weren't all bad sounding, even if the rest were bollocks. Being able to choose powers right before deployment would have been a good way for psykers to get more mileage in tournaments. Either way with the prediction of July being the release of 6th edition it shouldn't be too much longer for us to wait to see what we're really getting.
Pffft. Psykers have PLENTY of versatility and utility already. Wolves take Rune Priests all the time. Librarians are the only good generic BA HQ. Librarians feature pretty commonly for SMs and GKs too, who are ALL psychic ofc. Farseers are commonplace. Most of the better Nid MCs are Psykers. It's DE, Orks, BTs (of course!) DA and again, obviously, Tau who don't use them - even IG have Psyker Battle Squads. [Do Sisters still count as an army?]

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Apparantly, according to sources, minis will come with square bases, and will fight in ranks, replacing the skirmish feel of current edition. And Abbadon is gonna have a horsey type mount. Also, the Squats are coming back, and they will be called Squats. Also heard Primarchs are making a come back, now that would rock!!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
>> Apparantly, according to sources, minis will come with square bases, and will fight in ranks, replacing the skirmish feel of current edition. And Abbadon is gonna have a horsey type mount. Also, the Squats are coming back, and they will be called Squats. Also heard Primarchs are making a come back, now that would rock!!!!
Due, in part, to my post-sleep stupor:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
As I pointed out... the rumors I mentioned as being wrong ORGIONATED with BoK.

Yakfaces correct interpritation is edited in at a later date, and completely different to the 'accurate' rumor as given by BoK.

Also, I point out many times, BoK has copied his correct rumors from Harry, days after Harry has already posted them.

Seriously, if your gonna critises someone, learn to read. I'm just pointing out in one instance with the Necrons as an example how BoK has taken credit for others work, and how everything he's started himself as being true and correct has been wrong.

Your 'C'tan aren't out of the codex' Comes weeks after his inital 'they're gone completely claim', and days after reliable people have already pointed out they work now as their new shard forms.
Just out of interest:

What are you going to Do/Say if this all turns out to be on the mark?

Going by experience with this... 'Rumour Monger' is all good and well but you have made your point. Repeating it seems a tad... silly.

Alice

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Just out of interest:

What are you going to Do/Say if this all turns out to be on the mark?

Going by experience with this... 'Rumour Monger' is all good and well but you have made your point. Repeating it seems a tad... silly.

Alice
Well as i've said, he's got zero credability for me for the reasons I've given. If it does turn out to be true... well, i'll eat the forum server. Given his record though, we can hold the silicon sauce for a while...

I just get annoyed with human stupid and people taking and giving credit where none is due.

41 - 60 of 841 Posts