Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about this earlier, and unfortunately I don't have the various sources in front of me since I'm at work, but even so, I think it becomes a grey area because of RAW and 6E/7E Faction changes.

The Firebase Support Cadre was released at the end of 2013, during GW's advent releases. It was one of the very first Formations to come out. The restriction says that units must come from Codex: Tau Empire. (please note: This is what I don't have in front of me for RAW). But what about Farsight Enclaves?

Now, here's where a few things come to mind.

In 7E, all of the formation restrictions talk about FACTION, not specific codices. I don't believe a FAQ was released, but it seems to make sense; in fact, the Stormwing Formation was 6E, and specifically tells you that the aircraft doesn't benefit from chapter tactics, (I assume because of Iron Hands vehicles), but suggests the Formation could have been used, for instance, as Clan Rukaan).

In the Farsight Enclaves (again, no text in front of me), doesn't it say that they count as Tau Empires for everything? Therefore, couldn't you use the Formation as a Farsight 'race', because it qualifies as models chosen from C:TE?

Now, for those people wondering the why of it all, basically I'm curious about how a Farsight Firebase Cadre would play out; you'd pay the Bonding Knife tax on your Broadsides, but you could run the EarthCaste Array.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts