Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals
have a tourney next month. theres gonna be about 15-20 players. the tables are 4x4 for ease of use and quicker games. there is some army limitations like no named characters, ful AV no more than 33, no 2+ save, no better than 4++ invul, no more than 2 wounded models and must have 1 troop choice, all other points can be spent on whatever i like and that fit the restrictions, BUT i get 3 doctrine thingies, that let you ignore one or more of the rules or add 3 AV or add a wound OR ad 25pts to your total points value(meaning i could have 675pts in total or take a land raider lol) so as your allowed any army as long as its atleast 80% wysiwyg and is painted :) heres a link to the restrictions for anyone who wants more info:) http://homepage.ihug.co.nz/~ewap/

so i have made this list here using the 3 doctrines i get for points.
(i asked the manager and he said i could have the 4 fast slots as it seems like a scouting party/convoy(which this tourney is themed on)):eek:k:
Troops:
10 assault marines with 2 flamers, hand-flamer, power-fist
= 225
Total = 225

Fast attack:
3 attack bikes with heavy bolters
= 120
= 120
2 attack bikes with multi-meltas
= 100
= 100
Total =440

the idea with the list is to out manoeuvre and shoot down my opponent, the assault squad is there to assault any squad threatening my bikers or to distract/do whatever the mission is.

i have 10 pts left to play with but not that phased on whether i use them or not. does this list look like it could do well?

and i will change everything if you think there is a better list. im in this to win this. Our club is usually quite relaxed and play fun lists but this time we decided to go for more competitive lists :)

C&C appreciated. oh and your all great for reading all this anyway :biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin:Durian:biggrin:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I love bike lists and its nice to see a non-white scars player using them.

Was having a play and this is what i came up with...

5 Sniper squad

Priest - Mounted on a bike

Bike squad - 2 Plasma, 1 seargent power weapon and Meltabomb, 1 Attack bike with Hvy bolter

2 Multimelta Attack bikes

2 Hvy bolter Attack bikes

2 Hvy bolter Attack bikes.

I belive it fits the rules as explain on the site, but you do have T5 models with 3+ saves FNP and FC. You can also turbo boost for a 3+? cover save I belive.

Swapped the assault squad for scouts to kit out the bike squad and cut down on the multi melta bikes becuase are you really going to be facing THAT much mech at 600 pts?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for your advice!
i think i might stick with my list or change to this
Troops:
10 assault marines with 2 flamers and power-fist
= 225
Total = 215

Fast attack:
= 120
= 120
= 100
3 bikes with 2 plasma-guns
= 120
Total =460

Total = 675

what do you think? im leaning more for the 1st because plasma weapons can fry me and thats 25pts just cuz of a bad roll, doesnt seem to great

any other ideas for lists i want to submit my list before sep so any replies before then would be great and thanks steaknchips for the reply fnp would be epic but if that squad gets assaulted and he dies i lose a chunk of my list, still trying to makes lists with a priest, though im finding it hard.

Durian

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey everyone...... well i guess no one lol
anyway still posting as its fun and the rules have changed slightly im only allowed 3 fast attack slots but can add one using a doctirne

so heres the new (and hopefully improved) list

Troops:
10 assault marines with 2 flamers, infernus pistol and power-fist
= 230
Total = 230

Fast attack:
= 120
2 attack bikes with heavy bolters
= 80
= 100
= 100
Total =400

Total = 630

any comments would be appreaciated

Durian
Oh forgot too add i have 20points to play with :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts