Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to Chaos Marines and started off trying Iron Warriors and I didn't enjoy playing with them, so I decided to try Khorne and absolutely loved it, but the lack of anti tank put me off and I also love the raptors. I decided to try Khorne with raptors, with no army specific rules. Do you think this could work?

I’ve come up with a 602pt list, what do you think of it?

HQ

Chaos Lieutenant 96pts
Mark of Khorne, bolt pistol, power weapon, daemonic aura, feel no pain
(This will probably go with the Berserkers)

Troops

Chaos Space marines x 7131pts
With bolters, including 1 with a heavy bolter and an aspiring champion with a bolt pistol and power fist

Khorne Berserkers x 8 192pts
with mark of Khorne bolt pistols and Khornate chainaxes including an aspiring champion with power fist, bolt pistol and talisman of burning blood.

Fast Attack

Raptors x 5 183pts
1 meltagun, including an aspiring champion with a powerfist and close combat weapon.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
For a 600pt list including beserkers the list looks fine. Do you use the Combat Patrol rules for your games? I'd recommend them in games under 1000.

the undivided CSM squad could probably do with dropping the asp champ and taking and autocannon or lascannon and plasma gun and used in a purely Shooty role.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree if we know what type of list this will be we can help more. the combat patrols give a good balance to smaller games, unless someone tries to abuse it.
if you go for combat patrol rule i suggest dropping the hq in favour of more models.

take Small squads of undivided[6 strong] with cc weapons and 2 special weapons, probably plasma. this way you can move about and still fire, and they can move up to support your khorne unit. Another one to consider is 2 melta gun and give the unit infiltrate. As meltaguns are assault you can still shoot and charge. They are more useful in CP than many think because they can Instant kill suits, oblits, and IC's or hunt tanks very well indeed. Khorne bikes are good, but obvioulsy more risky in small games so i recommend waiting for the 1000pt barrier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, its using the normal force oraganisation.

I will mainly be against ultramarines, tau, black templars, necrons, imperial guard and possibly others armys. None of the armys friends have got are particulaly viechle heavy.

Sorry i should have said this in the original post but i was in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
In which case i'd just drop 1 csm from the undivided squad to upgrade to autocannon and plasma gun. That will give you some flexibility to take shots at rhino's, chimera etc whilst not affecting your troop killers too much. Against the Tau and IG fleshhound would probably be good, but they probably best left for bigger games

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I'd definitely scratch the Aspring Champion in the unmarked squad. First thing's first--- Mark of Chaos Undivided for them. I'd bump the heavy bolter up to at least an autocannon, but a missile launcher might be a better use of the points. A plasma rifle is a nice extra, but ultimately not needed that much. If you don't give them the missile launcher, you might want to bring the squad down to 5-strong and add another Raptor.

I'd trade Feel No Pain for Daemonic Strength. No need for Feel No Pain if you can clear the kill zone before they get to hit you. And with a character with the Mark of Khorne... that's not particularly hard to do.

·
Registered
804 Posts
With 600 pnts you can add a nasy lord for your berserkers instead of the liuetenant, might have to toss the raptors though, cause its a sink hole for points, and at low points it also makes it a big target, something you might want to aviod, but on the other hand it can be a really nasty lord/prince, daemon prince with the attacks khorne gets is a evil thing to behold, but again it makes a big target and you prolly have to drop teh raptors its really try a couple games see what works for you

·
Registered
76 Posts
for 600pts your looking at 2 large squads of 10 marines with special/heavy weopons marines no asp champ a nice cheapish lord possibley a dreadnought or havocs squad if you have a dreadnought get 128pts plasma cannon missle launcher and smoke launcher and maybe a small squad of demons or bikes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts