Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm slowly building a 1500 jet bike themed Saim-Hann list but it is slow work... I want to have a goal and was thinking of finishing a 600 point list so I can start fielding them and playing some friendly games.

I dont want to steer off the 1500pt list I'm building, so with the models I have (or will be getting) I came up with this:

HQ

Farseer with a singing spear (attached to DA)

TROOP

x5 Jetbikes, x1 shuriken cannon

x5 Jetbikes, x1 shuriken cannon

x5 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent with SL, holofields, SC

FAST

x5 Warp Spiders with ex

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well if you told us what models you will be getting or have,then we could steer you in a better direction knowing what is and isn't an option.
The list itself is fairly solid but the jet bikes should be 3 squads of 3 for max cannons.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought of 3 squads of 3 with cannons, that's good advice

THe models i have are

HQ:
Farseer
Autarch on JB

TROOP:
x10 Dire avengers exarch has a power sword
x21 jet bikes with 2 SC
x2 Wave Serpents one with SL and SC the other i haven't decided
ELITES:
x6 Banshees

FAST:
x3 vypers with SL and SC
x5 Warp Spiders

Heavy:
Fire Prism

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If you want 'pure' Saim Hann -

Take two Autarches. One with Laser Lance, MoTLG, Jetbike Fusion blaster. The other, the same, minus the Mantle.
Gives you two independent units for Anti-tank, meaning you can drop units such as the Spiders. also, gives you a nice bonus to reserve/etc rolls.

With the core of your army so maneuverable, War Walkers can make a nice outflanking unit to deliver a strong 'punch' to units such as Tactical squads. A unit of 3 with 6 Starcannons will make a mess of units your other choices will struggle to overcome (Large MeQ units, mostly).

Fire Prisms are key to any Eldar Army.

A Crimson Hunter gives you a safety net - in that it is a good flying unit and can cause a fair bit of damage to ground units.

A large core to the army of MSU jetbike squads would be quite a formidable force to face, especially if attacking from reserve.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instead of creating a new post I thought I would add to this one.

I have a Tournament coming up this weekend which is 600 points, I have created a list with the models I have and I think this is quite a competitive list, my only worry is the lack of Anti armour. I'm thinking no one will bring anything over armour 12 as it's only 600 points, hence why I think SL and SC will be enough (not forgetting the serpent shield)

HQ
Farseer
> Singing Spear

TROOP
x3 Jetbikes
> x1shuriken cannon
x3 Jetbikes
> x1shuriken cannon
x3 Jetbikes
> x1shuriken cannon
x6 Dire Avengers
> Exarch