Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, first post here.

I've recently put together all my Grey Knights into a 'Daemonhunters Apocalypse Task Force' meaning i added some cool shit, a few fluffy squads and powers etc and I've got about a thousand points left to play with after it all.

I've at the moment got
-3, 5 man Terminator squads with Grand Master's
-4, 5 man PAGK squads with Brother Captain's instead of Justicars
-1, Chaplain Assault squad (1 Chap, 4 Brother Captain's)
-1, GM Dreadnaught, T/L Lascannons
-1, Shadowsword
-About 800 points of somewhat chaosy anti infantry stuff

So with 1000 points left what should i add?

I made myself a 12 page Codex last night and it really showed me that anti armour is lacking WAY too much.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i had the same problem with Gk, If i was you i would consider bringing in some IG with some heavy weapons under the command squad and Leman Russ vanqs, a few more dreads with TLLC and ML. maybe even a LR

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something about land raiders just annoys me and the 2k of guard i have, although suiting for the role just doesn't fill that empty spot.

I just bought 2 Razorbacks + 2 Predator Weapon sprues from BitzBarn so hopefully I'll be able to make some nice mobile gun platforms out of that.

Looks like the job goes to my Guard till then..

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I was in the same boat when it came to fielding my Pure GK in Apoc games, but 'pure' lists always have trouble dealing with armour. I have 3K of GK(T) and use 2K of IG for my anti-tank and for a source of large pie-plates for anti-infantry.

IG is a natural choice for filling such gaps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you want pure GK...bring as many anti tank dreads as you can. I think depending on how you had them either with TTLC and ML or MM and DCCW, you could bring 6 or 7. And the blackreach dreads you can find cheap. In Apoc, people have better things to shoot at then a dread in cover.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm making myself a Custom Super-Heavy which should suit the role nicely, adding ~ 600 points in. Might grab a couple more dreads too just to fill in those last 400 or so points.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I'm making myself a Custom Super-Heavy which should suit the role nicely, adding ~ 600 points in. Might grab a couple more dreads too just to fill in those last 400 or so points.

Cheers.
A mate of mine has a custom baneblade...it's for his Inquisitor so is suitably blinged up. The Sponson Lascannons are replaced with the FW psycannon piece - looks really cool.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Four Land Raiders? That would be kick ass, high armor value vehicles, from which you can assault!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A mate of mine has a custom baneblade...it's for his Inquisitor so is suitably blinged up. The Sponson Lascannons are replaced with the FW psycannon piece - looks really cool.
I've already got a Stormlord/Shadowsword and a WHOLE bunch of time on my hands so I'm thinking of going a new direction with my next Super-Heavy. Something lower profile, maybe even train-like in length and function without lacking in the firepower and armour. None of the Big guns though, just LC's HB's and some other little random ones.

ALSO: Is there a place where i can find all the abbreviations this site uses? LC HB PAGK etc..?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Some of the abbreviations, like the ones you just listed...if you place your cursor over them a 'drop down' pops up with what they mean - try it.

There may be a Thread on here with the most common ones, nut I just figured them out for myself...eventually:grin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i knew that much, might have to go on a hike for an abbreviations list when i get back from work.

Cheers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Details for my new SHV confirmed.

Will be somewhat based on two/three rhino chassis, end to end.

Will boast 2 TLLC, 2 TLHB, 4 LC, 4 HB, 2 ML, 2 SB and MAYBE a Mounted Basilisk on the top.

Rather stuck with names for the sorry thing though, well not name, but vehicle type.

Opinions on it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
hehehe 1000 points, getting guard allies is a great way to get fairly cheap anti-armor. Heavy weapon squads, Leman Russes, Artillery, Vendettas are all great ways to get good anti-armor. You might want to look into the steel eagle datasheet in the WD along with the apocalypse flyer valkyie/vendetta formation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts