Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys :)
I am new here and I am new to the game either. I have started collecting Chaos space marines and I want to play for Thousand sons. What do you say about this 500 pts list? It's my first one.

HQ:
-Sorcerer: terminator armour, force weapon, power claw, 1x additional mastery lvl, Ichor blood (132pts)

Troops:
-thousand sons:
-aspiring sorcerer: melta bombs (63pts)
-5x thousand sons (115pts)
-rhino: searchlight, combi-bolter, smoke launchers (35pts)
-thousand sons:
-aspiring sorcerer (58pts)
-4x thousand sons (92pts)

altogether 495pts.

thanks for advices.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forums, the game and the random madness that is Chaos! :good:

First off! Bad news... Thousand sons right now suck rancid Nurgley rotten eggs being horridly over costed points wise for what they can do which ain't a lot compared to everyone else..
Also your sorc needs the mark of Tzeentch to take 1k sons as troops. Which brings list to 510.

Second off.. Maybe good news! If you have not heard, the new edition of 40k is imminent (2 weeks), and it sounds like psychic powers will be having an even bigger role in 7th having its own turn phase. 1k sons having so many sorcs could now be quite beastly with the new demonology powers.

Its hard to give advice with the new rules being so close but with that in mind here are some guesses pieced from the bits of info and rumours that might help when it hits.

Think about Ahriman if you plan to expand. He sounds like he could be a beast in this edition being the badass pysker he is and would bet money we will seeing a lot more of him in 7th.
Aspiring sorcs will need more protection as can be sure they will be a target for sniping and challenges in the new edition.
The Spell familiar might be a go to option for Sorcs depending how the rules work out.
Stock up on daemons for summoning!

1k sons will still be expensive points wise but they sound like they could be worth it very soon. Finally! lol

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
HQ:
-Sorcerer: terminator armour, force weapon, power claw, 1x additional mastery lvl, Ichor blood (132pts)

Troops:
-thousand sons:
-aspiring sorcerer: melta bombs (63pts)
-5x thousand sons (115pts)

-rhino: searchlight, combi-bolter, smoke launchers (35pts)
-thousand sons:
-aspiring sorcerer (58pts)
-4x thousand sons (92pts)
Greetings and welcome to the forums!

As said before, Thousand Sons aren't that favorable right now, unless you're going against a Space Marine army. They are simply too costly for what they do.

HOWEVER!

If you really want to make a list for 500 with these guys, I would recommend that you make only one squad and bring some cultists. Right now you're looking at 13 wounds total in that list - And a AV11 vehicle. A bit of bad luck, and you're out of the game quite fast.

I would probably go with the Aspiring sorcerer, 5 Rubricae and the rhino - Dump the 4 man squad, including their aspiring sorcerer, and use their points on cultist, that can go with your Lord HQ (He has to be a lord with Mark of Tzeentch to make this list viable in 6th). That way you have more bodies to chew through and you can use the cultists as "look out sir" hit points for your HQ. Also, they will be fearless due to the Sorcerer.

You will still have a hard time dealing with vehicles though, but at 500 points you won't meet much beyond a dedicated transport anyway.

Just a tip from my end and good luck :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, seems to me i should wait for the next ed to come out. then we will see what changes :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was wondering, if it is worth adding warp talons into 500pts army... any thoughts about it?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
i was wondering, if it is worth adding warp talons into 500pts army... any thoughts about it?
It depends really - What would you replace in your setup to have them? They are quite expensive and would most likely not be worth much, unless you boost their invul saves in some way.

Let's hear your ideas and we can try to give some input :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@HQ [ 1 ]
Chaos Sorcerer (75pt.) Mark of Tzeentch; Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Bolt pistol; Force weapon; Mastery Level 1;

@Troops [ 2 ]
5x - Thousand Sons (173pt.)
> 1x - Aspiring Sorcerer (58pt.); Power armour; Infernno bolts; Aura of Dark Glory; Bolt pistol; Force weapon; Mastery Level 1;
> 4x - Thousand Son (23pt.); Power armour; Infernno bolts; Aura of Dark Glory; Boltgun;

11x - Chaos Cultists (72pt.) Mark of Tzeentch;
> 1x - Cultist Champion (16pt.); Improvised armour; Close combat weapon; Autopistol; Shotgun;
> 5x - Chaos Cultist (4pt.); Improvised armour; Close combat weapon; Autopistol;
> 5x - Chaos Cultist (5pt.); Improvised armour; Close combat weapon; Autogun;
@Fast attack [ 1 ]
5x - Warp Talons (180pt.) Mark of Tzeentch;
> 1x - Warp Talon Champion (40pt.); Jump pack; Lightning claw (x2); Power armour;
> 4x - Warp Talon (30pt.); Jump pack; Lightning claw (x2); Power armour;

500 pts all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts