Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my buddy and I are in a 2v2 500 point tourney later this month and I wanted to post my list to see what you guys think work best at this point since I've never played this low before. Only requirements are one HQ and one troop. My partner is orks who is using a KFF Mek, lootas and shoota boyz with a PK nob thing. Here's what I was thinking:

Lash Prince (155)
7 Berzerkers w/Rhino (182)
2 Oblits (150)

Total: 487

Decided to go with zerks since, 1) I have the models ready to go and 2) I'm gonna be the melee guy with oblits standing by the lootas.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id swap the oblits for a vindicator...every1 loves demonic possession with it but i like it bare - more points elsewhere

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said, he's using a KFF Mek, 12 Lootas, 20 shoota boyz with a PK, and a squad of 10 shoota boyz.
I was also thinking of running this list as an alternative:

DP w/wings, MoN, WT (175)
7 Plague Marines w/PFC, 2 Melta, Rhino (246)
1 Oblit (75)

Total: 496

·
Registered
496 Posts
i would say the Nurgle list is better

the only reast i say that is that if your runing Zerkers you need to have a Skullchamp with a powerfist

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yeah i'd go with the Nurgle list. That MoN DP is a freaking sledgehammer at this low of points, and the Plagues won't be at risk of horrible death like the Zerks will.

One flubbed round of combat and No Retreat wounds can trash your entire Zerk squad, and since you only have 1 of them that would ruin your day.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The Nurgle list is better, but remember that your friend's Orks are on foot, so the Rhino will stand out as a target. See if you can't get your mate to try and fit in some Ork bikers. That way they can help out your rhino squad.

Either that or go for some Noise Marines on foot, using the larger Ork squad as cover (I'm guessing your mate will be running the KFF Mek in that squad?)

The Noise Marines can add to the Dakka Line and still make for a good assaulting unit.

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm gonna use the nurgle list. As for my buddy, he doesn't have any bikers to use. The tourney was free to enter so we didn't want sink any money into it. :p As for the noise marine idea, I wanted to do that originally, but then are list would lack anti tank. :(

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I think I'm gonna use the nurgle list. As for my buddy, he doesn't have any bikers to use. The tourney was free to enter so we didn't want sink any money into it. :p As for the noise marine idea, I wanted to do that originally, but then are list would lack anti tank. :(
In that case I'd drop the Rhino and simply use the Orks to provide cover for the Plague Marines, otherwise FNP or not they'll be exposed and shot up.

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where should I send the extra 35 points? Another PM or I can drop the PF champ and got another oblit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Add another PM if you drop the Rhino. Although i'd personally keep it. just because you CAN move 12" doesn't mean you have to, and having that thin metal box might make all the difference.
the thin tincan that surrounds your PMs will keep they from getting some buttsex from a pie plate for one turn :D

a worthy investment, since PM's hate anal (well... i assume so anyway o.o)

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a worthy investment, since PM's hate anal (well... i assume so anyway o.o)
I force mine to be more Slaaneshi so...

But I'm just gonna stick with the rhino to use as a screen from bad things for a turn. I really don't wanna hunt down one extra PM since I only have the 7.

·
Registered
320 Posts
like everyone has said keep the nurgle list and keep the rhino. it will help you get to those objectives if they are a little to far to walk across the board.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts