Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im somewhat new to the game, and have been looking through codexs to see what armies I like and what I don't like. Eldar have touched my heart and is my favourit so far, so I thougth I would build a list then perhaps post it here and see what you think.

Hq:
Autarch, Powerweapon, Banshee Mask Mandiblaster 93pts

Elites:
4 Scorpions, 1 Exarch w/ Shadowstrike 112
4 Scorpions, 1 Exarch w/ Shadowstrike 112

Troops:
5 Rangers 95pts
4 Jetbikes 88pts

Total: 500pts

A little problem I see now is the lack of anti tank and i could perhaps drop the powersword and take a melta gun.
IGNORE the above list.

Hq:
Autarch w/ Warp Jump Generator, Deathspinner 100pts
Farseer w/ Guide 75pts

Troops:
10 Guardians w/ Scatterlaser 95pts
10 Guardians w/ Scatterlaser 95pts

Fast Attack:
6 Warpspiders 132pts

Total: 497pts
I'll be using the farseer with the guardians guideing them (Hopefully I can kill a transport with the Scatterlaser) while the Autrach harass the enemy with the spiders. I don't know if I should keep him in reserve or not though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
what's your plan? you have geared the autarch toward assault but he's on his own as he can't join the scorps if you want to use Shadowstrike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My hope was that he would go with the spiders but ''His command is needed elsewhere'' crap prevents that, so back to the drawingboard.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Perhaps you should trade your Autarch in for a Wraithlord with wraithsword, same points value, only better-plus 2HQ's is a bit of a waste at 500 points

·
Registered
38 Posts
Perhaps you should trade your Autarch in for a Wraithlord with wraithsword, same points value, only better-plus 2HQ's is a bit of a waste at 500 points
Wraithsword is all but useless, your better of with guns.

Having said that, at 500pts, wraithlords seems a bit cheesy. Drop farseer and a squad of guardiand and get a full squad of avenger with shimmershied and bladestorm.

·
Registered
127 Posts
At 500 points a wraithlord is almost invincible and one can be loaded out fairly cheaply with scatter and shuri 7 s6 shots ain't bad but yeah little cheesey but I use one in my 500 point list

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah, my friend runs a wraithlord in a 500pt list with wraithsword and shuriken cannon. i have to send my rockets and plasmas at it, and even still its hard to bring down, T8 means S4 weapons or lower can't hurt it!

·
Registered
378 Posts
You could take a wraithlord at 500 points, however that would make you a royal douche. So dont. Your original list I dont like the way you seem to be relying on guardians. They die way too fast to be any good IMO. Avengers are a slightly more expensive but much better choice.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Wraithsword is all but useless, your better of with guns.

Having said that, at 500pts, wraithlords seems a bit cheesy. Drop farseer and a squad of guardiand and get a full squad of avenger with shimmershied and bladestorm.
You could take a wraithlord at 500 points, however that would make you a royal douche. So dont. Your original list I dont like the way you seem to be relying on guardians. They die way too fast to be any good IMO. Avengers are a slightly more expensive but much better choice.
disagree entirely with these statements.

Wraithlords shine at 500 points, and i'd be tempted to take two of them.

as is it a douche thing to want to win? in a friendly match, maybe, but just tell your opponent you're trying something new.

if it's competitive, then there's nothing wrong with taking a Wraithlord at all.

good hunting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wraithlords shine at 500 points, and i'd be tempted to take two of them.

as is it a douche thing to want to win? in a friendly match, maybe, but just tell your opponent you're trying something new.

if it's competitive, then there's nothing wrong with taking a Wraithlord at all.

good hunting.
Wraithlords shine anywhere, just depends on how many.

but, in a 500pts game, the only real problem you're going to have is wraithsight. and that's annoying at worst. wraithlords are awesome but at such low points, games aren't very challaging. if your looking for the win only, than its good advice, but if you are looking to have some fun and have a challage, go with some DA's :so_happy:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
absolutely; but he didn't mention what kind of list he was wanting, so i assumed competitive.

also, Wraithsight is not that big of an issue if he decides to take a Farseer, or a even a Warlock with a Spirit Seer upgrade.

good hunting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts