·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all got a little tornny coming up it 500 pts combat patrol
the restrictions are as
no model with more than 2 wounds
no 2+ saves
no vehicle with more than a combined armour of 33( adding fron rear and 1 side)
0-1 HQ, 1 -4 Troop, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 F/A, 0-1 Hvy
no fortifications but can just buy a gun emplacment( las cannon 35pts quad gun 50pts)

soo ive not played the new marines yet but this is the list ive come up with so far

10 man tactical squad- sargent- combi melta, melta gun, heavy bolter
10 man tactical squad- sargent- power sword, flamer, ml-flakk
rhino
stormtalon
comes in at 500pts spot on

wasnt sure if to go with raven guard or iron hand, thinking raven guard to get forward faster to nuetralise any threat to my flyer( ie a gun emplacment)
or go with iron hand for the fnp save, the other option would be to go imperial fists for the rerolls on bolter 1s?

all opinions welcome, ive not used the new marines yet and in this tornny ive no idea what ill face.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Damn space marines with their freaking low points... :p

This list looks pretty good, but I would trade the power sword for another combi weapon. If you wanted, you could trade the rhino and the flakk for a quad gun, or else the combi-melta and powersword if you want to keep the rhino, as this gives you a ton more shots and anti-air - it's your call though, it's not really necessary.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn space marines with their freaking low points... :p

This list looks pretty good, but I would trade the power sword for another combi weapon. If you wanted, you could trade the rhino and the flakk for a quad gun, or else the combi-melta and powersword if you want to keep the rhino, as this gives you a ton more shots and anti-air - it's your call though, it's not really necessary.
i used this force in a 40k in 40 mins tornny and won 4 out of 4 and won the tornny.

my first game was against a fellow marine player , his force was salamanders and quite elite running a 10 man sternguard squad , rhino, scout squad and a landspeeder transport for scouts, needless to say the weight of fire and a power weapon took his force out within 2 turns, my 2nd game was against dark eldar , bit more tricky to fight due to there movement , but again he had quite an elite force i was able to put enough fire in the right place each turn to neutralize him quite fast, my 3rd game was eldar , he ran jetbike squads backed up by warlocks, dark reapers and banshees this game was alot closer than the rest but i scrapped through tableing him in turn 4, my 4th game was against a khorne deamon army consisting of lots of hounds and a bloodletter squad, needless to say this was a hard game but my marine held out and damn the hound are a pain to kill lol ,i won the game losing 1 tatical squad, but it did help having a flyer he couldnt even touch having no shooting lol , but all in all was a good force to use i ran them as raven guard to gain good position on deployment and it helped me to kill any anti air before my flyer arrived.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts