Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of buddies talked me into an escalation campaign from 500-2000pts in 250 intervals. The lists are unbound and should be fluffy, but of course winning gets it's perks. The enemies will be Orks and DE. I figured this would be a great time to try out my Kauyon book. Here's what I'm looking at for 500.

Stormbringer Squadron 1:
5x Scouts (MBs, BP/CCWs, Landspeeder Storm w/ Assault Cannon)
Landspeeder Typhoon (Heavy Flamer, Typhoon Missiles)
Landspeeder Typhoon (Heavy Flamer, Typhoon Missiles)

Stormbringer Squadron 2:
5x Scouts (MBs, BP/CCWs, Landspeeder Storm w/ Assault Cannon)
Landspeeder Tornado (Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon)
Landspeeder Tornado (Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon)

Lots of assault cannons for high volume mid strength shots. Should help clear ork infantry and DE skimmers alike. The missiles are missiles. Jacks of all trades, master of none. The MBs to help clear vehicles as jinking can make getting hits difficult and the scouts can still disembark the Storm after moving 12". I know I'll be seeing jetbikes, that's the only reason for the Heavy Flamers. Those guys jink really well. So even though the HF/ML makes no sense, I'm going to need those flamers. I was thinking of putting them on my Storms, but they get cheaper Asscans than regular speeders and I'd have leftover points.

Any ideas how to get the most effectiveness out of a list like this? Just keep in mind it has to be "Scouting party" themed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts