Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! Just a little info. A couple years ago I made my very first 40k army which was IG. I played in 1 dubs tourny with a friend of mine and after that day I never played it again. I loved playing the game, but I had a lot of RL shit going on. I literally played my first game today in over 2 years, and loved every second of it. I now have some time to play.

Okay, I have a couple different lists. I just want everyone's opinion.

List 1:

CCS
-4 Plasma
-Chimara

Vets A
-3 Melta
-Vendetta

Vets B
-3 Melta

495pts

A friend of mine made this list. He thinks the Vets on the ground would be a good little blob.

List 2:

CCS
-2 Plasma
-Vendetta

Vets A
-2 Melta
-Chimara w/ Multi laser and Heavy Flamer

Vets B
-2 Melta
-Chimara w/ Multi laser and Heavy Flamer

500pts

This list I actually found on this site which is why I am here now. I like this list very much. I would just like to hear different opinions on both.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Second one is better, but at 500 pts a flier is a little expensive for what it does. You have to wait for it to come on, it takes a large chunk of pts out, and it can be useless at lower level games since blobs are common in the lower level games. Not to mention people may hate you.

Maybe take a primaris psyker, put him in with some vets, get rid of one melta, and then buy a leman russ tank? AV14 will make people hate you too, but at least they aren't skyfiring at it hah.

The meltas on the vets are alright, but the anti terminator is good to have at least.

I would put 3 meltas in one chimera then the primaris with the vets in the other chimera so you don't mix roles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts