Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im making a death guard (well nurgle, not death guard really) army called the rotting claw and is all nurgle. Here is my army list:

Sorcerer (The filth bringer) w/ warptime, MoN, melta bombs-150pts

5*Plauge Marine (Squad Bubos) w/ 2*plasmagun, champ, power weapon-175pts

5*Plauge Marine (Squad Poxous) w/ 2* meltagun. champ, power fist-175pts

TOTAL-500pts

My ally is a sapce marine with: libby, speeder with chaingun, 10 tac marines with missile and melta, 5 sniper scouts with missile and a rhino.

Tactics are his libby and 5 tacs go up in a rhino with speeder in support, snipers and missile tac give covering fire. My units mover up the other flank and hurt the enermy.

Please dont mention to get a deamon prince as i dont like them, i like to see my nurgle as new renegades trying to prove themselves and so they dont have gifts from the gods such as deamonhood and deamons.

thanks in advance for any relpies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rhino

Hi! I would try to fit a rhino into that list so that:
1. your footsloggers dont just get mashed by a Leman Russ (always happens to me)

2. The enemy's anti-armour weaponry is split instead of focussed on a single Rhino. they are easy to destroy because of their low armour values and if you just have that and the speeder you will find them destroyed really quickly in most games.

That's all from my humble opinion. That is just what jumped out at me as a bit of a hole in your army but then again I rarely play competitively so don't take me too seriously lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
For the cost of warptime and meltabombs, you could get doombolt, nurgle's rot, and a familiar. This will give him some range while footslogging, and something to do while in assault. It's pretty fluffy too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what something like this:

Sorcerer (The filth bringer) w/ doombolt, MoN-130pts

5*Plauge Marine (Squad Bubos) w/ 2*plasmagun, champ-160pts

5*Plauge Marine (Squad Poxous) w/ 2* meltagun, champ, power fist-175pts

Rhino-35pts

TOTAL-500pts

Is this better?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
that is a bit better. honestly for this small of a game, i really don't believe you'll need too much anti-tank. maybe drop the meltas for a pair of flamers to maximise wound output on the foe? OR if you could drop all of your upgrades on the plague marines you could bring a cheap anti-horde pred to the table rocking the autocannon and heavy bolters for like 100 points ish. this would maximise effective fire support whilst also giving another target for the foe to focus on aside from the two rhinos.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
How about this? Terminator armour makes your Sorceror a bit more survivable (plus, it's just cool)...

HQ
• Filthbringer, Sorceror of Nurgle
- Terminator Armour, Mark of Nurgle, Doombolt, Nurgle's Rot, Familiar
165 points

TROOPS
• 5 Plague Marines, squad 'Bubos'
- Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns, Rhino
210 points

• 5 Plague Marines, squad 'Poxus' - 2 flamers
125 points

TOTAL:
500 points

·
Registered
189 Posts
How about this? Terminator armour makes your Sorceror a bit more survivable (plus, it's just cool)...

HQ
• Filthbringer, Sorceror of Nurgle
- Terminator Armour, Mark of Nurgle, Doombolt, Nurgle's Rot, Familiar
165 points

TROOPS
• 5 Plague Marines, squad 'Bubos'
- Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns, Rhino
210 points

• 5 Plague Marines, squad 'Poxus' - 2 flamers
125 points

TOTAL:
500 points
I like the looks of this. Should go well with support from your buddy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So are terminators good? What about this:

HQ
• Filthbringer, Sorceror of Nurgle - Terminator Armour, Mark of Nurgle, Doombolt
145 points

TROOPS
• 5 Plague Marines, squad 'Bubos' - Plague Champion with powerweapon, 2 meltaguns
165 points

• 3 Plague Terminators, squad 'Poxus' - MoN, combimelta, combiflamer, autocannon, chainfist, powerfist
190 points

TOTAL:
500 points

1 - 8 of 8 Posts