Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again! still tossing around ideas for my army, trying to burn it down to a 500pt army to play my friends, as well as see how far my gear works. i planned this army out with what i have with the thought that my friend has a Land Raider in his SW 500pt, so i'm trying to keep up with him weapon-wise.

HQ -

Librarian, Terminator armor + Storm Bolter (Wings and Blood Lance) (or)
Librarian, epistolary, same abilities

Troops -
5x Space Marines + Razorback w/ TL lascannons
5x Death Company w/ Jump Packs (or)
5x Space Marines + Razorback w/ TL lascannons

Elites-
Sanguinary Priest

i'm banking on the fact that his LR is a Crusader, and won't be able to punch my tank as hard as i can punch him, he can fit his whole army inside it (and i hope he does) cause i'm going to punch it with the TL lascannons until he cracks or gets out, Lance on the HQ keep him behind the tank so he cant eat him with the crusader, if i crack it or wreck it, then i Deep Strike my Death Company ontop of him, the Priest can hitch a ride in the razorback (i don't know if i can attach him to my squad) and when i assault his troops i'll have FNP and Fearless. the other option is to have 2 Razorbacks with marines in them, and put the Libby and the Priest in both, and strike him with both weapons. the reason i didn't stick with that was because i need to have some melee, cause he's got Wolfguards with power weapons.

yeah? :D

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
This is what I came up for a 500 point game.
1 Cappy
2 5 man RAS drop JP and take Razorbacks W/TLLC
1 Sang Priest
Give both Sarges PW and Melta bombs and put your Cappy in one squad and the Priest in the other. If you keep them within 6 inches everybody gets the FC and FNP once you get out. You should be able to open the LR with at least one shot by turn 2 or 3. After that, happy hunting.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i still take the Libby? i think theyre IC's, i could still pack him in the tank w/o the Term armor (even if the unit has it in model)

but yeah, on second thought the 2 Razorbacks might be the best idea

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
I have had no real luck with Libbies but ... yeah you could swap him out with the Cappy. Or you could really ruin his day by taking 3 DC a 5 man RAS no JP and a regular LR ... 2 TLLC on it already throw the MM on and extra armor. DC already have FNP and FC so they will be good and you can just maul him with the LR.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh, i'll keep that in mind, but i don't have a Land Raider (Or i would have) so i'm trying to play within my means here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts